new furbaby coming home!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn

ZooKeeper
On Thursday we are heading down to Eugene, Oregon area to pick up our new chihuahua pup from a breeder. She was born 5/24 and at this point is nameless. I have a huge list of names I've been working on, and hopefully hubby will like one of them. I had to post pics of her, I am such a proud momma! Isn't she adorable!!! I can't wait to get her!!!!

Attachments

• Lucky #3.1.jpg
    Lucky #3.1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Lucky #3.2.jpg
    Lucky #3.2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Lucky #3.3.jpg
    Lucky #3.3.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 112
OMG! she is adorable!!!! What names are on your list???!!!

lol, what names aren't on my list? The kids like Hermione... I like Celeste (heavenly), Pixie, Akira, Sofia (wise), Bianca (white), Fiona (white/ riteous) and Mia (mine)... I'm open to suggestions!

Pixie and Bianca are cute names, they go with her since she's so small and cute. I just can't get over her ears hahaha such a cutie

My husband can't get over her eyes, lol! "They're so bug eyed" I love them. I'm told they are blue-green eyes! I can't wait to meet her. I've seen a million pics and watched videos of her...is it Thursday yet?!

I love her ears.......one brown and one white. She is gorgeous. I love chihuahuas : ) I have two long-haired applehead girls myself. But I'd love to get a third someday : )

Well congrats on your new baby to be!

Finally have a name for her, Maia

I went through hundreds of names...common dog names, unique dog names, Spanish names and Greek names...and none of them made my hubby happy. But we have finally settled on a name that I think suits her well. Maia (My-ya) seems to be accepted all of us, so Maia it is. Not overly unique, but not totally common either. My oldest son really wanted Pandora, but hubby hated it. We'll secretly use it as her middle name! She comes home Thursday, I can't wait!

it's almost 3 a.m. and we leave in 45 minutes to head toward Eugene, Oregon area to pick up Maya from the breeder. I have not had any sleep, and my hubby got an hour of sleep. This should be an interesting 7 hours down and 7 hours back! Long trip but definitely worth it!

More pics of Maya!

We've had Maya now for one day and she is fitting in so well already. We drove 800 miles, were gone from 4 a.m. till a little after 10 p.m. and Maya did wonderful on the trip home. Very friendly and outgoing and car rides won't be a problem at all. Today she runs around the yard after the boys, starting to explore the house, and is eating and sleeping well. She is just so much fun and we are so in love. It is especially wonderful to see my husband melt around her! So much for a big macho guy! I got a few pics of her in her pup bed at home, and will have more once she is more active.

Attachments

• IMG_3399-1.jpg
    IMG_3399-1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3400-1.jpg
    IMG_3400-1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3402-1.jpg
    IMG_3402-1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3405.jpg
    IMG_3405.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 95
I'm partial to Mia, as I have a Mia myself! A short and cute name just like your little girl!

I almost chose the name Mia, then chose Maia, and finally settled with Maya. I wrote down a lot of names that my husband went through and dismissed. He then thought she should be named Gidget, but cute as that name is, I thought she looked more like Maya to me. For my son, we have given her a middle name of Pandora since he really liked that name. She is a bit mischievious, and I think Pandora is a perfect middle name for her.

She's so funny. We put a bell on her collar, so we don't accidently step on her, and she absolutely hates it. She pouts and won't do anything until I finally take it off, and then she goes beserk again. She thinks she won the battle, but she will be wearing it again, lol.

Latest posts

Back