New feed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godofgods

So apparently their is some kinda of problem with my select series pro feed. Because not a single store has any in stock in my state. And according to the guy at the store, neither does anyone on the northeast cost.

That would have been nice to have known when i was trying to get some starting three weeks ago. But instead i was running around trying to find something manageable on such short notice tonight.

The only real pet stoe around us is petsmart. They had the oxbow/mazzuri (tho last time i was their, they were out of ALL chin food, except for a single bag that was made primarily of corn >< ) But the stores prices were almost $20 for a 5lb bag. And that wouldn't last long with five chins.

To speed this along, the only thing i was able to find that was actually in stock and i could get was this .

From everything iv read, it seems to be safe. But i wanted to make sure. Any opinions?

I originally fed Tradition,it became unavailable in my area.Changed over to the Manna Pro Sho formula which is what I believe you are looking for. It became really hard to find. Made change to Purina Rabbit Show and chins gradually decided that they didn't like it after about a year.Then happened to find out about the Blue Seal extruded Rabbit feed from Christopher's human mom when I got him. She was nice enough to send a good supply with him to let my other guys try it and they loved it. Granted I have to drive about an hour plus every six months for a fresh bag but I call ahead and the only feed store close to me makes sure I have a fresh mill date bag saved for me. I keep about half the bag and send the majority of what's left to Essentia for her malo chins so leftover doesn't get old or wasted. Recently I have started blending the Blue Seal with the Nutrena Rabbit feed that I can find locally and my chins really like that. I have decided to feed blended feed from now on as is always seems when I have them on just one it becomes unavaillable.I remember doing it with the Manna Pro and Purina Sho when I started having trouble finding affordable quantities and it worked well. I guess I have been blending the Blue Sean and Nutrena about 2 months now and everyone is doing good on it. I only have 7 picky little men though.

Well aside form the new feed opinions, on the off chance, does anyone know anything about whats going on with Mana Pro's Select Series Pro food? Its gone from everywhere all of a sudden, and i have been unable to find out why.

Back