New Chinchilla Help!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreenbmp

double chin trouble
Me and my wife just bought a male Black chinchilla. The chinchilla is very friendly already, and lets us pick him up no problem, he is not scared of us, and if anything seems more relaxed when we are with him (Strange right?) He's eating and drinking just fine... We own another chinchilla, he is male and grey. we had a way different experience with our first chin when we brought him home, he would run and jump around his cage when we first brought him home...Our new chin, however, seems just content sitting on the first level of his cage....we cant tell if he is scared or what, but it just seems like he has a ...."Lack of energy.." we think he is a few months old, and we've never owned such a young chin....Is he not as active because he hasn't grown into himself yet? any advice would be great! Thanks

We have only had him for about 3 days...i guess i'm worrying to much, he's just acting very not active, and it's different from our first experience

We have only had him for a few days...I guess i'm getting worried for nothing, but it's just such a big difference between when we brought him home, and when we brought our other chin home

Every chin is different. Katsu is a hyper, spastic thing that bounces around the cage. Aime loves her wheel and otherwise just sleeps when not in it or eating. Aika doesn't really do much of anything. She mostly sits upright in her house looking out the top hole and that's it. Haime and Hachiro are our younger pair out of Aika and they are in the middle for energy. They sleep and sit a lot but occasionally at night get really bouncy and will come running for treats whereas the rest wait for you to bring treats to them.

I agree with others that it might just be his personality or him just settling into his new home, he might not be comfortable enough yet to bounce around like you're other chin.

I've had my chin for four years and she has always been very lazy when she's inside of her cage, she'll easily sleep the entire day without leaving her tube. She'll run on her wheel for a little bit each night, but that's about all she does in her cage besides eating and sleeping. However, outside of the cage she's absolutely crazy and won't stop running around until I get her back into the cage.

Back