New chin with red inflamed toe.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockka

I got a new chin last Thursday. I noticed today he has a sore and inflamed toe. He doesn't seem to be in pain but I do know chins will hide discomfort. :( I don't think I have right to post pictures yet or I would include one. Any suggestions on how to care for his foot? Also if someone would like a picture to give me further advice please feel free to send me your email.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

If its inflamed, there is most likely infection and the chin should be seen by a vet, antibiotics may be prescribed.

Tickle. I made a vet appointment. I googled sore chin feet before I went to bed and seen bumble feet. I'm really hoping it's not that but if it is we will do what we have to do for him.

I took him to the Vet and his toe is infected. He has been on a antibitic for two days now and it looks alot better. :) The Vet recommended that I rub vasiline in his feet daily to help keep them moist. His other feet looked dry. He also told me to make sure he always has a flat surface for his feet and never bars. Which i do have a flat surface but he has only lived with me for a week now and I don't know for sure what he had at his last home. I seen one cage at the gals house and it was all wooded selves so I find it hard to believe he was housed wrong.
He did fall off the top shelve of a huge cage when I went to get him from the gal I got him from. I'm thinking maybe he got hurt then. It was high! The gal and I both jumped and where checking him out to make sure he was ok. He wasn't acting hurt but he didn't act hurt once it swelled twice as big either. I'm just happy I seen it and that he is getting better. :) He seems to appreciate me giving him meds. He even sat on my shoulder for a long time afterwards this morning. :) He know I <3 him already. :)

Back