New chin, seasoned Hhog owner

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinypixiexoxo

Izzie Dizzy Minuit Pappy
Hello friends, my name is Clare aka tinypixie and I am a brand new Chin owner and a seasoned hhog owner.

I come here for care questions for my ebony female chinchilla, Minuit (French for Midnight), as we got her short notice.

I currently own 4 dwarf hamsters, 1 female af. pygmy hhog, Algerian chocolate pinto, and now Minuit.

Minuit is just over 2 years old and does not appear to be socialized. She's a wild child and only uses myself or my fiance as a "stepping stone" to get out of her cage and into her chin-proofed running room.

I fear I have a slight allergy to her, as I have a constant feeling of hair in the back of my throat after interacting with her. I only get this reaction from cats, but not dogs or any other pet I've encountered thus far.

Izzie is my algerian chocolate pinto hedgehog. She's 3 years old and in great health. My only concern with her, is that she continues to reject freshies. Other than that, she's my perfect little gal!

Thank you all for warm welcomes and I look forward to becoming active on this forum. If anyone has hamsters, my username is tinypixie on Hamster Hideout forums. (I'm a moderator)

Hello and welcome :)

I'm not sure what you're referring to by "freshies"? Fresh fruit and veggies??

Welcome TinyPixie! It's so great to have you and Minuit here! You'll be great addition to the CnH community :)

Minuit is on a great track to socializing with you already, I can't wait to hear about the kinds of shenanigans she gets into ;)

Hi and welcome!! If freshies are fruits and veggies, chins shouldn't have them anyway. Have fun with your little fuzzball, and hopefully she doesn't make your allergies any worse. Chinnies are so addicting!

Heh, I wrote that Izzie, my hedgehog rejects freshies.

Yes you did! I read that wrong! LOL. My apologies. I was thinking you were talking about your new chin. Maybe if you keep introducing the veggies, she will eventually become more curious and give them a try.

Yes you did! I read that wrong! LOL. My apologies. I was thinking you were talking about your new chin. Maybe if you keep introducing the veggies, she will eventually become more curious and give them a try.

Yes, I need to keep trying and not give up. I bet she'd enjoy experiencing something new, or finding something she loves and craves. I just have to give her that chance!

Latest posts

Back