New chin...poop question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbodgrl

Zoo Keeper
I picked up my Chin last evening. She pooped in the carrier (obviously) and in her cage. I noticed that her poop is smaller than it was last night.

I'm not sure if she ate or drank overnight. I marked the water bottle today so I will be able to see if she drank anything. I saw her at her food dish and it appeared she was eating, but I am not sure if she really ate or how much.

Should I be worried?

No, don't be worried. Some chins don't eat or drink for a few days after they have been moved to a new place. Therefore, you are seeing small poops.

Thanks. I did see her drink when I got home from work at 3am this morning. Still not sure if she has eaten, but I see hay strewn about so I am assuming she is eating hay at least or playing with it :hilarious:

Poops did seem somewhat bigger when I got home at 3am.

I'm a nervous new chin mom :eek:

Poop can also be different depending on the time of day. I have one chin who makes tiny poop during the day, and it gets bigger as she starts eating/ moving around at night.

Not all chins have the same size poop. If you have more than one chin you will always need to take this into consideration. Small poops are not always a sign of illness. I have 2 chins that have small poos and they always have. As Brit said they also vary in size depending on the time of day.

It's good that you're paying attention, because poops are a great way to tell how your chin is doing. Whenever I move any of my chins around they get small poops. Something to be worried about would be small poops and barely eating/drinking when all other environmental conditions were normal.

It's good that you're paying attention, because poops are a great way to tell how your chin is doing. Whenever I move any of my chins around they get small poops. Something to be worried about would be small poops and barely eating/drinking when all other environmental conditions were normal.

I feed my dog a raw diet and the best way to know things are right and balanced is poop! So I am a professional poop watcher and analyzer :laughitup:

Latest posts

Back