New chin owner

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomwarren1992

Hi, im new to the chin owner world, Recently purchased two 20 week old chins and love the little guys. They are very interesting to watch and spend endless hours watching them run around :). At the moment there in a pretty useless cage which i feel guilty for having them in so im building a cage for them to move into in the next few days

This is the outside shell of the cage just need to put some levels in and make some different activites that the chins will love on the inside (any ideas would be apprechiated) and they will be moved in.

Also any tips for keeping and caring for chins? They seem to be happy and enjoying life they are just not very keen on being handeld at the moment :(. Any advice from experienced hands be very much apprechiated, and once again HIII to all other chin lovers
Tom

Welcome to CnH and congrats on your addition to the family.
You will find lots of good info on the FAQ and some older posts.. They are full of good info and insights.

Welcome! Congrats on the new babies!

They might never like being held, it depends. We have one who is totally fine with it and three others that don't like being held. Usually they just like to be scratched (Behind the ears, on the belly, etc.)

Check out some items on the forum, you'll learn a lot :)

That cage looks amazing!!! Make sure there are plenty of ledges, including ones going fully across in case of falling. Also make sure you keep a spare cage around in case of sickness or fighting! Some chins may never like to be handled. My boy will let me pet him but is VERY cranky if I try and pick him up or really have to handle him much at all, which I try to only really do for the purpose of weighing him or otherwise checking up on his health.

Latest posts

Back