New Chin on the block!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leChin

I got a my first chinchilla 2 weeks ago and have loads of questions about them since I’m not fully familiar with them. I do have general knowledge since I did a lot of research before getting one in fact, I only made this account to hopefully have some more in-depth questions answered in a future post so just enjoy some cute pics of him!
He’s a ebony male (not sure if he’s a dark/extra dark):
6BB772FD-7FBD-4EE3-9CD6-174A1EF0E850.jpegFB84813A-4DC7-4EF1-95C9-361D1D489B6C.jpeg1551E11C-0DE4-43E6-82CA-628C68DC708B.jpeg

Welcome. I would say he is dark or maybe medium ebony, extra dark ebony is solid black no grey at all.

I got a my first chinchilla 2 weeks ago and have loads of questions about them since I’m not fully familiar with them. I do have general knowledge since I did a lot of research before getting one in fact, I only made this account to hopefully have some more in-depth questions answered in a future post so just enjoy some cute pics of him!
He’s a ebony male (not sure if he’s a dark/extra dark):
View attachment 22172View attachment 22173View attachment 22174

Greetings fellow first-timer! We got ours shortly after you got yours. :)

He is adorable! Love the color! My granddaughter wants an ebony. Maybe someday, but our girl seems happy by herself. We keep her in our living space, so she almost always has company. She gets the zoomies when we talk to her, and she talks back! A lot.

Congrats on your sweet new baby! ☺️

Do check out "Small Pet Select". They provide really great information on chins, food and treats plus have an amazing selection of high quality hay products. And unlike pet stores, their chin treats are actually appropriate because they don't have fruit or things that spike sugar.

Also QualityCage.com has great supplies and appropriate treats. I love both those sites. I will have had my baby a year on July 30th and I'm very particular about what he eats.

Last edited:
Back