New chin- need name suggestions! :D

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterLover86

On a complete whim yesterday, I was browsing craigslist, and saw a chinchilla that was not too far from where I work. I sent an e-mail to the poster asking if she had any pictures of him, his cage, and if she knew how old he was.

She said he's 2 years old, and a standard, and that "he really needs a new home.... I'll sell him for $60... " (originally she was asking $80) Something told me I should pick him up, it was a little alarming how she didn't ask if I knew anything about them, or anything about me, she was just in a hurry to get him out. So we were able to arrange for me to go right after work and get him!

I fell in love with him instantly.. He has such a sweet little face and such a neat little personality :D He's the type of chin that warms up easily, and doesn't run if you go to pet him. ;)

It turns out the family who was selling him had only had him a week and a half. They bought him off of someone on craigslist, for their daughter. Who was upset by the fact that he talks at night (and then said the hamsters laughed when he talked..) Apparently this made her cry, and she would not let the chinchilla stay in her room. (she looked to be about 9-10 years old). She was not at all sad that he was leaving, and when he mom asked, "are you sure you want to do this, she replied with an anxious "YES!"

Oh well, it's their loss. This will be his forever home and I'll spoil him rotten :D

Now there's the issue of his name... They said that the daughter called him "Bob", and didn't mention if he had a previous name. He doesn't know this name so I figure it's more than ok to give him a new name.. and one that suits him a bit better.

1129341330_photobucket_62164_.jpg

He's very sweet ;D

I'm having trouble thinking of names, and can't decide if I want to go with the star theme (like Polaris and Rigel) or not.

So far all I've come up are: Vega (star) and Zeus
Alyssa suggested Leonis (Leon or Leo for short)

but sometimes it's good to hear what others come up with and see if something really strikes me. In fact, Raider's name came from a suggestion from another chinnie person ;D

So suggest away!

I'd stick with the "R" since you have Raider, and go with Rigel! I really like that name! Maybe even Riley?
I like Polaris too but vision a white chinchilla with that name.

How about Orion ("The Hunter"), after the constellation. I always planned on using that name but haven't found a chinchilla yet that it seems to fit.

SMACK. That was me just slapping myself in the forehead! Another Duh moment! Good thing it's Friday!

Aww, don't worry about it! I should have been more specific that those were names of my other chins! And I'm glad you envision a white chin as being Polaris, mine is a mosaic (mostly white, just hints of violet ;) ) We call him Pola for short (which is what my boyfriend called his stuffed polar bear that he carried everywhere as a little kid :D ) Rigel is my violet boy, and Raider is my hetero ebony :D

what about 'Percy'? because he has such a great personality, and that way you'd have two 'R' chins and two 'P' chins, lol.

I can't think of a name either but I do like Leo/Leon. Congratulation's Ellen, he is a sweetie :))!

Latest posts

Back