New Chin Home

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherie18

Hi guys, So I brought Cherie home & set up her cage & I'm going shopping tomorrow to get some more things for her (the cage is huge & I plan on spoiling her rotten) I got her out to play this evening & she did really well jumping on me & jumping on my shoulder, but when I picked her up while she was inside her dust bath thing she kept biting like she wasn't ready to stop playing it didn't hurt but is this normal? how long is average playtime? We played for about an hour & 20 mins

Any info is appreciated>She sooooo sweet!

PS; I'll post pics soon!

Its uasly a good idea to give your chin some time to adjust to a new envirnment before letting them out to play. Even up to a month.

If the bite didnt hurt, theirs a good chance it wasnt a real bite. Chins chew on everything. Including any part of you they can get ahold of. They will often nibble on you and your hands as well.

also many chins dont like being picked up. Considering she jsut got to your place, it could simple be your chin getting a bit defencive.

Sometimes chins will give you a small nip to tell you that they don't want you to do whatever it is that you are doing. Your description sounds like just that.

Ok so I should wait awhile before letting her out to play? I just hate keeping her cooped up-also I'm gonna have to clean her cage soon, while making adjustments to it

Its to allow her time to become comfortable with her new envirnement and sorroundings. Otherwise letting her out could be more of a panic time rather then play time. Kinda liek taking someone and driving them a few hours away form home and dropping them off in the middle of nowhere. Yea your out, but doesnt mean its goign to be great.

Since stress is not the best thing for a chin, allowing them time to adjsut properly will help reduce the stress.

Back