New Carrying Cages

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccchins

Hello everyone. So I am tired of seeing pictures with the same old carrying cages for our chinchillas. I mean, we make our chinchillas regular cages nice and pretty right? So tho got me thinking. Why not add some color to my carrying cages and this is what I came up with:
gepyjuse.jpg

I would like people opinion and maybe a color suggestion for my other cages. Oh and BTW it's not paint so please don't scold me about my chins chewing on the bars and eating paint. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it's not paint, may I ask how you did it? I have several cages that could use a pick me up color too!

Ok so I figured 90% of us have a FN cage. To bars on the cages are not raw metal and are not painted. They are powder coated. For everyone that doesn't know what powder coating is let me explain. It's a ground up polymer that is applied using a positive and negative charge. Then baked at 350 deg for 25 mins. The result is an extremely durable coating. I chose purple only because it is a non bias color and we had it in stock. Most powder coating places have access to tens of thousands of colors and can produce their own creations too. FYI our shop would charge around $20-$30 per 2 hole carrier to do it. So if you do decide to go somewhere you know what it should cost!!! If anyone else does it please post pics. I am hoping to start a trend of sorts! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back