New cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna_chin

I don't really see a difference between this cage, and the FN double unit 182.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=17371&cmpid=09cseaz&ref=4144&subref=AA

http://www.petsupplies.com/item/ferret-nation-habitat-model-182-double-unit/650431/?srccode=GPPETSUP

My fiance and I are thinking of getting this one ^
Has anyone ever used "petsupplies" as a source for getting a new cage.
I'm trying to figure out if they're not a scam, I hope they aren't, but look at how much it is! Great deal!

I've never ordered a cage through them, but we did order the pirate ship hammocks for our rats a while back.

I thought I had read somewhere (either here or on a rat forum) that the feisty ferret wasn't as sturdy. I might be confusing it with a different cage though.

The Feisty Ferret I believe only one side of the front opens, where as the Ferret Nation the entire front opens. The Feisty is also smaller 31x20.5x54 compared to the FN 36x25x63.25. I'm not sure about that website, but Petsmart does price matching and free shipping so you can get the FN for the great price through them. I'm hoping to get an FN with my tax returns next month, hopefully I can find one that cheap!

I have had the Fiesty Ferret cage for 3 months and while I am happy with it, if I had to do it over again, I would pay the difference and get the FN. I have two of the smaller bars that have come unwelded from the frame. The company did send me two new sides to replace the defective ones, but all it all I do not feel that it is a super sturdy cage. Not bad for the price, but if you can afford the FN I would go that route.

I forgot to add in my previous post that I purchased my Fiesty Ferret from PetSupplies. I was very pleased with their service and shipping. My cage arrived very quickly. And when I did have a problem with the two bars that I mentioned earlier, the service person was trying to help me but I had already contacted the manufacturer.

I wouldn't hesitate purchasing from them again:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back