new baby!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celmisha

hey everyone,

i just got a new chinchilla today!:) his name is Marley, and he is an adorable, charcoal chin (about 6 months old). i adopted him from a chinchilla rescue orginization, where he was well taken care of. the poor thing was found in a park running free, so covered in mud that when they caught him they had to cut most of his fur off (it's actually kind of cute because he looks really scruffy and his hair is really uneven.

anyways, he is the sweetest thing, and doesnt mind being held and cuddled. he is a bit skittish (understandably) but very curious. should i let him out for playtime tonight? or should i keep him in his cage for a couple days?

thanks!

-caroline :bump1:

Keep him in his cage for a while. (A few weeks would NOT be too long.) He's been through a lot. Letting him settle in to a new environment would be best.

Sit by his cage and talk to him or read to him. Let him get used to you and your voice.

Take it slowly.

290327_1925190206309_1138754683_31659963_6117724_o.jpg

There he is, taking a snooze :)

He's a cutie. just a tip, that plastic saucer is not good for chinchillas. It is too light and it easily tips over. Also, it is made of plastic and if Marley chews on it, it can cause serious digestive problems.

Thanks! And he's not just cute but also very calm and very friendly :)) .
And I'll take that saucer out, he doesn't use it at all anyways.

Latest posts

Back