New Babies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccchins

So I came home from work today and went in to check on my pregnant standard female.
ytyjavuv.jpg

a4e2aheh.jpg

They are two boys and we decided to name them Boomer and Charlie. I know the one is a mosaic but the other one looks as to be white with beige spots. Is there such thing as a beige mosaic? Daddy is a PW. Both boys are 40g and nursing steadily. Will post more pics later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes looks like a white mosaic and a beige mosaic or pink white, which are the same genetically.

Both babies were born at 39g and now 4 days later they are only 42g. They are both active and alert and always nursing. I calibrated my scale thinking it was there but my scale is fine. Should I hand feed or foster out to another recent mom???

They have cute little butts.... but.... can we see their little faces as well please?!!

They still haven't gained weight. I have been supplementing their moms milk every two hours with goats milk. They still nurse from mom too. The grey and white one gained 1 gram. The beige and white hasn't gained anything. Tomorrow they are a week old.

My last set of kits (2) were hand fed. Their mother let them "dry nurse" from her. Based on your kits weight gain, it would appear your going to be feeding around the clock. It's not fun. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back