New babes

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ann1

I kind of had a surprise set of twins born.....I did think she might be pregnant there for awhile but she wasn't very big at all and she usually gets huge when pregnant so I didnt give it much more thought.
She had always been an excellent mom but being she is either going to be 9 or 10 this yr (i think 10 but would have to check) and hasnt had kits in a couple yrs I thought she was probably done....MY BAD.....Went to go feed the other night and seen her on the bottom level (which she never does) acting kind of strange so i went to take a peak and there they were....2 little angels....1 male standard and 1 female.....Luckily they and she were doing fine because I know it could've been a different story. No matter how good of mom they have been in the past something can ALWAYS go wrong....We got lucky....anyhow here they are

Last edited:
I kind of had a surprise set of twins born.....I did think she might be pregnant there for awhile but she wasn't very big at all and she usually gets huge when pregnant so I didnt give it much more thought.
She had always been an excellent mom but being she is either going to be 9 or 10 this yr (i think 10 but would have to check) and hasnt had kits in a couple yrs I thought she was probably done....MY BAD.....Went to go feed the other night and seen her on the bottom level (which she never does) acting kind of strange so i went to take a peak and there they were....2 little angels....1 male standard and 1 female.....Luckily they and she were doing fine because I know it could've been a different story. No matter how good of mom they have been in the past something can ALWAYS go wrong....We got lucky....anyhow here they are

OK im trying again.

Attachments

• march 15, 2010 004.jpg
    march 15, 2010 004.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 63
  • march 15, 2010 005.jpg
    march 15, 2010 005.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 55
  • march 15, 2010 009.jpg
    march 15, 2010 009.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 54
  • march 15, 2010 012.jpg
    march 15, 2010 012.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 48
  • march 15, 2010 015.jpg
    march 15, 2010 015.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 41
there they are. Idk what happened the first time but my apoligies....

omg they are adorable!! They look just like the triplets my Bella had last week..I had a little stuff hedgy in the small cage with my 2 bigger ones while the little one fed and they cuddled up right next to it do. so cute!! congrats again :)

very cute babies :)

i had a question. i only own males and never intend on breeding so I don't know hardly anything at all on the specifics of breeding. so please don't mind my dumbness.. but everyone seems to call babies 'twins, triplets and quads' when babies are born. now being that i dont think you can truly tell if a pair of babies are actual legit twins or what not (may be wrong about this) - are these terms used to describe a mom having, say 2/3/4 beiges and a standard in a litter of 3-the beiges would be considered twins? 2/3/4 of one color would be spoken of as twins/trips/quads? thanks for answers ahead of time! :)

everyone seems to call babies 'twins, triplets and quads' when babies are born. now being that i dont think you can truly tell if a pair of babies are actual legit twins or what not (may be wrong about this) - are these terms used to describe a mom having, say 2/3/4 beiges and a standard in a litter of 3-the beiges would be considered twins? 2/3/4 of one color would be spoken of as twins/trips/quads? thanks for answers ahead of time! :)

It's just a way of saying how many were born. No, they aren't true "twins" but I do get what you are saying. It would being like saying a mother dog had octuplets.. which really isn't true as dogs can have more than one father in their litter. ;)

Very cute babies. I'm still waiting to see a baby chin in person. I guess I'll just keep dreaming :rolleyes:

They are so tiny! I remember going to a breeder's house to pick up my Ricky, and he had a couple of newbebes that he let me and my friend hold. They were so squirmy!

Congrats!! They are adorable. I love all the babies being born right now.

Thanks guys. I like them. Their adorable...of coarse their always adorable

Twins, triplets, etc. all refer to the number born in one pregnancy. The term identical added to it means just what it says. The kits are identical and that is the hard thing to prove. Just because they probably aren't identical, doesn't mean that they aren't twins.

Latest posts

Back