New B Babies!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtpie61282

Out of my Pink white / Homo Ebony pair, I got a little het ebony female and a white female.
Ive never had a pink white chin from an ebony pairing before.

But this little girl has a beige looking face.....strange? I figured she would at least have some gray on her. Any thoughts?

DSCN2518.jpg

DSCN2523.jpg

DSCN2526.jpg

Out of my Pink white / Homo Ebony pair, I got a little het ebony female and a white female.
Ive never had a pink white chin from an ebony pairing before. But this little girl has a beige looking face.....strange? I figured she would at least have some gray on her. Any thoughts?

That's a color I would expect from a pairing like that, baby looks like a run of the mill pinkwhite. Below is what you would technically get out of those two.

Pink White x Homo Ebony
-Standard (Ebony)
-Beige (Tan)
-Pinkwhite (Beige or Tan + White)
-Mosaic (Standard or Ebony + White)

Very true....I guess I wasn't expecting it because out of this pair I have always gotten white ebony babies or ebony babies.
This is my first pink white from this pairing! Im excited to see how she grows out.

also true, yes mom is a homo ebony.
Im excited now, shes my first one out of this pair like this. Maybe I will hang on to her and see how she grows out.

There is no such thing as a true homo ebony unless every kit she has thrown has been a dark ebony. In that case you'd have the first one I've ever heard of. :))

You may never know the darkness of ebony she carries. I call them pinkwhites until they are bred to a standard and throw ebony.

So could you technically call the pink white an ebony carrier?
Just in case in the future someone breeds her and she does end up throwing ebony.
Or are they just called Pink Whites, plain and simple with parents who carry ebony.

In my pairings, since I now work with ebony, anything out of such a pairing is denoted as a carrier. While they may not be, I want to keep strict records of where my ebony is going. Period. Cute kits ;) I love pink whites.

Jen, that is what I do, just mark e/c on the card and change it down the road if it turns out to be a darker tan white. :))

thanks for the help guys, Ive never had a pink white from this pair. I can't wait to see if the tan on her head gets darker or not...right now it just looks dirty, lol

I have someone looking to buy same sex siblings...but I don't think I want to sell her right now.

Ill update as she gets older.

UPDATE new pics of pink white/ tan white

So she is a bit older and her tan markings are really starting to show through.
Pictures don't do her justice because my flash makes her look creamy/yellow looking but in natural light she is much prettier!

And of course her sister photo bombing in the background ;-)

DSCN3105.jpg

DSCN3102.jpg

DSCN3108.jpg

DSCN3112.jpg

Her cutie sister with her big dumbo ears!

DSCN3110.jpg

Latest posts

Back