Netbooks

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Lenovo 3000 N200. I works amazing, even with Vista. I love it. And it was actually pretty cheap comparitively. My parents spent alot on their new computer, and it's really bad. Acer's customer service is really bad, and I've been hearing bad stuff about all of their products. My computer works great, I had a couple of problems with stuff, but their warrenty department is great, got the parts within 48 hours. I would deff get it again. I don't know about Lenovo's netbooks, but love my laptop and service. I got an email that lenovo is having a sale right now, don't know if the prices are on their site, or if you need the email, if you look and they aren't marked on sale, PM me and I'll forward the email.

Last edited:
We got one. I think its...AECO, or something? It's a brilliant little thing! It was an excellent price too. I think one of the cheapest out there but its very good.

Dad knows more about it than I do, though. His computer friend did it all up for him.

I had the HP Mini-Note for a few days, until I figured out it just couldn't put up with the demands I put on it's system. It's great if you're just planning to surf the net, and maybe do some work in Microsoft Office or something. It couldn't handle Photoshop very well at all, I found. I exchanged the Mini Note for the tablet PC offered by HP, and couldn't be happier.

If you're not going to be doing things that really hog the RAM and CPU, a netbook is a great thing to have. It's small, light and very, VERY portable. I found mine ran a bit hot, but that was minor. The keyboard is a bit of an adjustment, but most come with keyboards about 92% the size of a full-sized keyboard. It's not that different.

My husband (works at staples and knows his stuff) recommends the Acer Aspire One. They are a sold system and a bunch of people that we know are happy with theres. Also whenever dealing with their customer service they have been great. And we have purchased quite a few Acer products. NOT Asus Eee. Unless you have an expert linux system operator don't get it. Something goes wrong then no one can fix it since most are only familiar with Microsoft systems.

I don't have any personal experience, but some friends, along with a lot of other people I see in class have these little things. They look rather convenient, being lightweight and all, but does it mean that everyday after typing notes you have to transfer them all over to another computer, or would the little thing be your primary computer?

Some of my profs who do research and field studies in far away places use these too and back them up to an external HD to keep all of their notes and stuff. One was even lucky enough to have the university pay for her MacBook Air that she is going to be using in India next year.

Repair issues are something else, so I have heard. Most computer techs (particularly those who work with Windows) will fix a desktop any day of the week, be hesitant of working with a laptop, and run screaming in the other direction if you ask them to take a look at a mini. Take it safe and always back it up to another computer and an external.

I have an Asus EEE PC running Linux and absolutely love it. I wouldn't recommend a netbook if you are looking to do anything other than browse the web or check email, the screen is entirely too small for "hard" work. I actually removed the default linux version and put Ubuntu's Easy Peasy on it. Runs so much better now.

I have an Asus EEE PC running Linux and absolutely love it. I wouldn't recommend a netbook if you are looking to do anything other than browse the web or check email, the screen is entirely too small for "hard" work. I actually removed the default linux version and put Ubuntu's Easy Peasy on it. Runs so much better now.

I just bought one of these offline...I'm pretty excited! Thanks for the Ubuntu tip, I've never used Linux but I'm glad there's kind of an "out".

Back