Need you guys... On my way to Vet

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my only other suggestion is to sell all the useless playpens that you have purchased and they have not used and maybe get an extra large extra cage that they can use as a play area. that way if you are unable to supervise than they are still in a caged environement.
otherwise if you are unable to stay with them the whole time while they are out of their cage, they should stay in.

Thanks for the great suggestion. My chins' cages are huge. I have two or three extra large cages put together creatively for each group (3-4 chins) of my chins. They have lots of hung outs, shelves, toys, and each has a running wheels that I purchased from Chinchillas.com.
So, they might not need play time... It's just that when they are looking at me behind the bars, I feel that they need to get out.

I can't think of any larger cages, but maybe I will look around a custom made humongous one.
thanks.

i think this is the one or very similar to the one i have. i dont need the cover as my guys have not jumped out but i am right there next to them, cleaning their cages and chitchatting with them.

Hi. thanks for your suggestion. I think that the one that I recently purchased and was happy about for a few weeks is this one. 8 panels with top and under.

Some of my chins are increadably athletic, and can jump over this one, even though there is a top attached. So, they jump and lip a part the cover and escape.

I would consider 1) buy a humongous cage (even bigger than what i have now) and use it as a play pen; 2) bathroom with my attendance (this cannot be too long or too often)....

I also purchased two flying saucers online (I haven't received yet!!!).
All my cages have wheels, so, I just bought them for later usage.
But, maybe I can put them in a large custom made cage and let them play in that.

I really appreciate your kind help and comments.

Last edited:
Back