Need to know what to look for.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeoMonster

I literally just got off this site and walked into my room to play with Leo.

I have a 2qt plastic ziplock bag that I use to throw hay and food garbage in, and then when it gets full I just throw the whole thing out. I guess I put it too close to the side of the cage because when I walked in I saw that he got a hold of the corner of it and nibbled a little.

He's acting normal, but I'm wondering if this is an extreme emergency situation or if I should just keep an eye out on his behavior.

I'm assuming I'm watching out for whether or not he becomes lethargic and such but any other clues?

Also, how long before I know if I'm in the clear with this?

That happened to me once, Woodrow chewed through plastic and got into a treat bag. Look at the bedding in his cage, I found Woodrow did more tearing than actual eating of the plastic. Just watch for the warning signs. Make sure he's pooping, eating and drinking along with no lethargy.

Okay I'll keep an eye on him. Maybe I'll do a quick clean of his cage so that way I know there are more poops. Thanks guys.

Cleaned his cage around 3pm today. There are no poops since then and its 5:30. he's jumping around fine, no lethargy, although I don't think he's eaten much but he does a lot of eating at nighttime anyway...

Is there anything I can do to stimulate pooping?

Whenever sook gets a little clogged up I take her out for playtime and usually after she runs around or a bit the poops start coming.. If in the rare case she still isn't pooping right I'll give her one raisin and it usually does the trick..

I had him in his playpen when I was cleaning the cage. But for some odd reason I feel like I have the only Chinchilla that doesn't poop during playtime.

I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a poop. Came back from dinner and there were a couple on the bottom of the cage.

Latest posts

Back