Need some healing thoughts...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyLilPintoBean

Lovin' da Chinnies!
My fiance is in thehospital for a really bad infection in his leg. They don't know what it is yet, but they are thinking it is mersa. Depending on how bad it is, they are thinking that he might he might need a blood transfusion. Poor guy hates needles, but is coping with them. Healing htought needed for a speedy recovery!

Ick, MRSA is such a crappy thing to deal with. Sometimes it's a quick treatment and other times it can take forever to heal.

Definitely sending healing thoughts to your fiance, and hoping for a speedy and full recovery.

wow, I am sorry your fiance is going through this nightmare. I will be sending all the healthy thoughts I can your way. Being in the hospital is no fun, and I hope he gets out soon.

i hope he gets better real soon!

my son just had a foot infection that they thought was MRSA, the antibiotics were very strong. they gave him a belly ache and the Dr said lots of probiotics, yogurt & bananas because they cause very loose stool.

Unfortunately, he is not improving. The infection is spreading little by little up his leg. It now covers about 85% of his lower leg (from knee to ankle). They are discussing about possibly putting a pik line in him due to how strong the IV meds have been. They have to change the location of the iv every 24 hours because of the meds (never heard of this before!). Your thoughts are appreciated!

Sorry he is not getting better. I've never dealt with that type of mrsa before so I have no advice. ~hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery~

Update: Still in the hospital. They have no clue as to what it is. They are treating it as cellulitis, but since he has a history or MRSA in this leg, they are treating for that as well. It's been a very frustrating week and there were promises of going home, then fever spikes. The infection is clearing up in the leg, the fear is that it is now going into the tissue so the skin looks better but the infection is still present. Keep sending those thoughts! They are appreciated!

I am really sorry to read this!
I am sending the best healing thoughts to your fiancé and many hugs to you!
Please don't forget to take good care of yourself while taking care of him.

My 35-yr old husband has had one too many hospital emergencies and one of them has been with MRSA, after which he recovered. We made sure to supplement with the highest grade probiotics. I whole-heatedly recommend Bio K+, clinically tested here in Canada on it's healing immune-boosting properties in hospital environments: http://www.biokplus.com/en/

I'm just now seing this.

I had cellulitis in my left leg last March. I was already very sick with the flu, so a random scratch caused my infection. I was in the hospital for 4 days on IV antibiotics, and then at home on 2 oral ones for 2 weeks with my leg elevated. I eventually recovered, although I missed 3 weeks of work and am now still only working 4 days a week.

Cellulitis is a very scary thing -- most people don't even know what it is. It has nothing to do wiith the cellulite that we women worry about. It is an infection of deep tissues and can quickly become life-threatening.

Best wishes to your fiance -- I hope that they can keep his infection under control and that it doesn't evolve into MRSA.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

Thanks guys! He was released from the hospital yesterday (after 11 days) and is on oral antibiotics and strict instructions of leg elevated at all times for the first week, and then compression for the next few months. Hopefully he will continue to improve. Having some problems keeping his fever down! I must say seeing all the cute chinnie pics kept his spirits up while he was in the hospital!

Strict instructions of leg elevated at all times for the first week, and then compression for the next few months.
I'm so glad he's doing better. It'll be really hard to keep it elevated that first week, as you know when they say elevated they don't mean Lazy Boy recliner elevated, they mean above your heart. Laying on the couch with your leg up on the couch arm is one good way. Buy some extra pillows. Isn't it being kept compressed with a ace bandage wrap now? Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Yes it is wrapped with an ace bandage when he is up walking around. His doc says he's going to be in compression stockings for the next few months as well... I get to tease him about wearing something close to nylons =)

Ok, take the stocking, fold the top half down on itself so the calf hem is inside out and down by the toe seam. Then just repeat, and repeat again. When you are done you'll see the toe seam. Put his toes in there, the sock should be oh, idk maybe 3 inches onto his foot. Now unflip and now the sock will be about 6 inches onto his foot, just keep on working 3-4 inches at a time. Also when you take it off his leg is the best time to fold it like I said. It will be the hardest when it's new. Of course you want it smooth and evenly compressed. The nurse should help you too. You could practice with a tall tube sock on his good leg. Is he weight bearing? Crutches? What restrictions does he have?

Yes he is weight bearing, with no restrictions per se. The doc told him to do what he can but not to over exert (just take it easy).

Back