Need Permit help in NJ

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddyslilDimwit

Hey, I am trying to get all legit with my critters and want to apply for NJ Permits. I was wondering, I have about 8 birds, the chins and a bunch of other animals. Is it $10 per animal ($20/bird) or $100 for a "blanket permit"

If you are breeding and selling any of them, then you need a 'pet store' (I know you aren't a pet store - neither am I) permit for $100. If you just have the animals, it is 1 cost for the permit. Although I don't know if you need a separate permit for the birds (which would be 1 permit also). The 'pet store' permit will ask a lot of questions and require each year, that you 'update' your inventory list - just numbers, etc

So maybe pet store is the way to go. Because sometimes I do sell off an animal or 2. And the $100 covers everything?

It covers all the chinchillas and they give you a booklet to give to your 'chin people' for you and them to fill out so they can get a permit for their new chin. I don't know if it covers the birds. I would call and ask. They were very helpful answering all my questions when I registered. Just don't give you name until you have all questions asked and then decide it is best to be safe. Then they will send all the forms and info you will need.

lol. I was going to try to not give my name/address until I decided. Haha. Thanks for your help. Do you still have the phone number you used to contact them?

Back