Need help with a possibly pregnant chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stellaluna

Hello, My name is Tara. am new to this site ... well I went with my friend last night to look at chins and... My god these chins were in terrible shape huge likely due to all the dried fruit all over in their cages, matted fur, plastic toys everywhere, disgustingly filthy cages, rabbit food and...just mayhem..... The lady was insane and .... I ended up bringing home a chin "pregnant and due any day".... I know it is so bad to be rehoming them when they are pregnant but I couldn't leave her there knowing her babies would Be in the care of that wretched woman. But now I have a pregnant chin. What can I do to help her out she Is the sweetest thing ever... She seems to has settled in nicely. But I still worry about the immense amount of stress I gave her. I have had her for 4 days and no babies. She does seem larger but I imagine that could be from the bad diet. She s 5 years old and 922 grams and has held the same weight over the past four days. She was bred to a mosaic male.
Just in case I have her in a cage with half inch spacing all shelves removed. I have never taken care of a pregnant chin before so any help is greatly appreciated.:)

Read through the FAQs, and if you still have questions afterward that are more specific, we can help ya a bit better. Otherwise, just have patience, wait, and observe her for any potential problems (lethargy, appears to be in labor for an extended period of time with no progress, etc).

Back