Need help, question about bite plate.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle (:

I got my braces and bite plate today. I was to busy crying about how ugly my braces were I wasnt paying attention to what my orthodontist was telling me. Does anyone know if your suppose to sleep with your bite plate in, or do you take it out?

I had my braces off about a year ago, and I never had a bite plate. Can you call you orthodontist and ask? Most ortho things are 24/7, but I'd just call and ask. Waiting until Monday won't be a big deal.

Good luck! The first week is the worst, but it gets better!

Dont know anything about the bite plate, but.....

I had braces put on when I was 22. It was awful, but so so so worth it.
I know its hard to look at them at first, but hang in there....honestly its one of the best things to do for increasing self-esteem. Keep 'em clean and in a couple of short years you'll have a perfect smile.

Dont cry!! It will be over before you know it *hugs*

I had braces untill last year ... I HATE THOSE THINGS!

But now i've got a sexy smile :D
Only thing left to do was to pull my wisdom teeth.

Now ... quit partying in my mouth!

I don't know what's a bite plate, bu I did have braces and retainers in the past. Since very mouth is different and each treatment is, you should phone and ask your orthodontist. I remember I had to wear a thing that came out of my mouth and around my head at night... that was awfullé

I don't know what's a bite plate, bu I did have braces and retainers in the past. Since very mouth is different and each treatment is, you should phone and ask your orthodontist. I remember I had to wear a thing that came out of my mouth and around my head at night... that was awfullé

Arh, head gear! That was just awful. I never wore mine, and it was funny because my dentist always made a point of telling me how good of a job I did and that my teeth are moving very well. My poor sister actually did wear hers and she got yelled at by the dentist telling her she needs to wear it. She was so mad.

And what about those little rubberbands they give you that connect the bottom to the top. Those were terrible too. I had those clear retainers and I always accidentally threw it away in the school garbage at lunch...I don't even remember how many times I had to go through that garbage :vomit:

Here's your answer. As Tiatrack mentioned, most orthodontic appliances should be worn 24/7. If there isn't constant pressure on your teeth, they tend to go back to their original position. Braces are well worth the hassle, not to mention your parents are paying a bundle for those! If you cooperate, you'll get the maximum benefit from them. All three of my kids wore braces and I am so glad I struggled with the payments for them to wear those braces. Not only does a good bite look great, but there are health benefits to a good bite such as no TMJ, better chewing therefore better digestion, easier to keep your teeth clean therefore less cavities.

http://www.cupertinoorthocare.com/orthodontic_appliances.htm

Thanks for the help.

I've had them for a day and my mouth is killing me. I cant eat anything except for yogurt, applesauce and soup. Haha. They dont look as bad as they did yesterday, maybe I'm just use to them already?

7436.jpg

They look great Michelle, I don't know what you are fussing about!

Latest posts

Back