Need help in Southern NJ

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddyslilDimwit

I have 2 females that have been together for over 3yrs without incident. They seem to have fought last night because this morning My Beige has a head wound. She is not lethargic, she is eating fine. I cleaned it up already.
I can clearly not keep these girls together anymore.

I just spent all my savings on a new car because mine died last week. I can not take her to the vet. I don't think she really even needs to see a vet because of how good her energy level and appetite is.

Are there any Rescues or breeders who could rehome her near Cumberland County in South Jersey?

She is a 3 or 4 yr Homo Beige. Never used for breeding, a little skittish.

I'm so sorry to hear they're fighting. I hope your little girl is okay.
I know of a rescue in CT, which unfortunately is quite a distance for you. It's Forever Feisty. Really well run, does a wonderful job with all the chins. Not sure she's going to have room, she's usually pretty full up.
There's also a relatively new one on Long Island, ChinFriends. I think (not sure) it was started by a tech at my vet's.
Maybe someone knows of a place in PA?
Good luck.
Lee

Have you looked on Craigslist for an inexpensive cage? It might cost less to pick up.a cage than the cost of gas and tolls to drive her to a rescue. I picked up an all metal cage recently for $25.

I have extra cages here, I just wish to find he a new home. I hate to say it, but I never really got very attached to her, and in light of what has happened, I would like her to find a good home.

Totally understand. I have one like that here too. Thought I had a home for him but he is still here.

Not very far unfortunately. The new vehicle I have is a piece of junk. It is horrid on gas, and who knows when it will just break down and die.
I was hoping to find someone within 40 minutes from me.

i can help with a transport if you find a place to take her. i live in mercer county and work in burlington county.
pm me if you find someone

This is not an emergency, since you have other cages you could put her in, you just don't want her anymore, so I have moved it to a more appropriate forum.

For future reference, the emergency forum is for medical emergencies not people wanting to get rid of a chin. Perhaps a better place to have put this would be in the chin rescue section in the classifieds.

Back