Need Help Deciding...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewdrop

A bit of a WWYD situation. I've been pondering for a week and just cannot decide the best course of action.

I'm hoping that next week I'll be able to join the FN club :D (might be an extra week or two..just depends how my ebay auctions go..But I think I'm on track for ordering next week..)

We currently have two chins, but we would like to expand our chin family at *SOME* point. We intend to attend a show next month so for all I know it *could* be next month (Not super likely...but the possibility exists)..

So I'm contemplating on how to handle the FN for the time being. I think likely it would be the wisest thing to go the 142. So should we expand with little notice we'd have a cage. (though I would always have our current cage as back up..)

But then the question comes down to...do I let my current two have the entire FN, and then have to downgrade them to 1/2 when we do eventually get more?...

Or do I just put them in half of an FN from the get go...in which case is it possible to only assemble 1/2 of the FN142 and keep the top half packed away until it's needed?...

Ack!

Personally, I would give them one of the halves of the cage for now. That way you can have time to work on the empty half getting it ready for the new chins (getting another fleece tube, wheel, hidey house for example.) Worst case you don't get any more chins and then you give them the whole thing.

Either way you should go ahead and assemble the whole cage when you get it. Then just turn the top level's pan 180 degrees around to your current chins can't get to the top level. There will be a little section of wire exposed, so just put a tile under the pan to cover it up.

Latest posts

Back