Need advice...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinch&Chilla

chin matchmaker <3
So, as recommended in another thread that I posted I want to get my male chinchilla neutered. Reason being they love eachother, love cuddling and playing with eachother, and are completely inseparable. I also do not want them to breed because I do know the girl is from Petco. In looking for a vet to perform the surgery, my first call was to the vet that I have gone to several times over the last couple of years for my dwarf hamsters. Keep in mind that I did realize that just because he has been nice to us and is a very sweet older man doesn't mean that he is equipped to perform such a surgery. So I called and talked to one of the attendants who works there who I then asked "Has Dr. Cameron performed chinchillas neuterings before?" The answer that I got was "yes he said that he would do it". Two completely different things am I right... So what I'm planning on doing is taking both chinchillas to get a check up and consultation and then talk to the doctor directly about this. What I need advice on is how do I talk to him and make sure that he is going to do the surgery correctly without seeming like I am insulting his intelligence.

Latest posts

Back