Nature Theme Room: Decoration Ideas Wanted

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bedroom3.jpg

(these are giant hotels they build in trees over in the rain forest!)

^^That look can easily be achieved by covering the walls with bamboo or even textured fabrics.^^

vv The three below are great examples of how colors and accessories can bring about the look you wish to achieve, without reconstructing the room at all vv
C8292.html

3259_e_9c53654d7f7c9c72667efde1daba6b35.jpg

NC_RoomShot.jpg

I like the oriental garden mural, I'm not a huge fan of the scenery murals (I get visually overwhelmed lol), but that one is very pretty.

I also saw this one that was nice
http://www.muralsyourway.com/myw4-design.cfm?pid=MMSMSM2023&RTV=popforest,1

You are right. That is a very nice looking mural.

While watching for ideas in magazines and catalogs, I came across a battery operated sound machine that includes programmed nature sounds such at a stream, birds, woods, and a rainstorm. It has a volume control and an on/off time setting. I thought it would be cool to add some sound to this room once I start decorating.

After all of the work in stripping wallpaper in some of my other rooms, I decided I was NEVER going to put wallpaper on my walls again unless it is just a border. So my plan to use a mural is out. I did find a border though that I just love.

http://www.wallpaperborders.com/Pattern-11K-1159-P2163C9.aspx

I'm going to put it around the room at eye level with green paint below and a light blue paint above it. I'm starting to move animal cages and furniture today to be able to get started this week.

I'm also thinking about adding a faux stone water fountain to the room for a focal point. Anyone else ever decorated a room by bringing a fountain indoors?

My brother and sister-in-law (mostly my brother) painted my nephews room before he was born and they did the jungle babies theme. And had little wooden board painted on the wall as well that had his name on them
I couldn't find the pictures anywhere. They don't live in that house anymore and they didn't paint his new room that way.
I'll keep looking.

Back