name of string/safe wire for chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri101

I am in the process and have scoped out some nice trees..

already in depth researched and tested all the proper scrubbing/boil/bake method for small batches but wanted to make sure I use the correct chin safe hangers...if i decided to make my own perches

what type of string /twine do you all use or find easiest to work with?

what kind of wire is safest easiest to work with and also where is a good place to get it I am in NH :)

Thanks

I have found untreated sisal rope :) although I would like to know what wire is safe if anyone knows

TY

Is there any word on what untreated twine is safe? I feel as though jute or sisal is too fibrous. Though many toys and such are made with it.

I've seen some toys made with coconut rope. I don't know if it's better or worse than jute or sisal.

Sisal is supposed to be safe tho some choose to use wire for fear larger unchewed pieces of sisal fibers will cause a blockage. I'm not sure how much truth that theory holds, but better to be safe than sorry.
You can use palm leaf cord too (I Belive that's what it is)

Ill have to look into the stainless steel wire TY !! See I have used toys with sisal no problem there are two types of sisal in toys I have used that is like frayed and decorative then there is the actual twine that is more sturdy to me however I am thinking of wire to as the toys with sisal seem to get demolished in one night LoL with the sisal I think its really depends on the chin because some will eat it some do not

Twine
images

Latest posts

Back