My Random Trio

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bam.Bam

Well today I randomly decided to put Spyro in with BamBam and Domo.

the cagemates were the following:

Spyro and Kiwi
BamBam and Domo
Kami and Kali
Yoshi (I hope to bond him with my soon to be new baby, Mushu)

I planned to put Kiwi with Kami and Kali once their quarentine has ended and put Spyro with Yoshi and Mushu when they were big enough.

Today i thought, well if everything works out, Spyro will be lonely for awhile so I randomly decided to see how Spyro would do with BamBam and Domo.

I trimmed their whiskers and had the fiance run out to get vanilla (good thing theres a grocery store right across the street!). I put the vanilla on their noses and all around their tails and put them in the play pen together.

They ignored each other at first and then they had their greetings and each stood up at Spyro sniffed and some chasing and Domo did 'spray' once. Otherwise everything went extremely smooth. I watched them while setting up the 3rd FN142 that I put together the other night. After about 45 minutes of playtime, I put the 3 of them in the new neutral cage together. They all shared the wheel and ran around the ledges a bit and now they are all sleeping.

Do you think it would be safe to leave them like this over night or put the 2 show cages in there with 2 of them in the cages and the other one staying out?

Here are a few pictures of the new happy trio!

4700349131_e7ef44036a.jpg

4700349731_38fd36db3f.jpg

4700980630_02e47f4240.jpg

4700981126_15bc769815.jpg

4700981600_fc66acfcc8.jpg

That's so great that it worked out for you! That happened to me recently, my one boy is really aggressive and I thought he wouldn't get along with my two little ones but they ended up working really well together. Now my oldest boy is by himself though, so i guess i have to get him a buddy ;) haha. but sometimes it just runs smoothly. HOWEVER, not everything is as perfect as it seems so i'd just keep a very close eye on them. Tonight i would personally just leave them be and see how it goes. Try to keep close by if you don't sleep in the same room and keep an ear open. Just to be safe, you never know if they'll decide they don't like each other so much anymore. I hope it goes well though! They're a handsome looking trio :thumbsup:

They have have been doing fine since 11am this morning when I put them in the cage together. I'm just worried since night time is when they are most active, something may happen but no one has shown signs of doing anything yet.

I don't sleep in the same room, they are actually in the basement and we sleep upstairs. Another reason i'm worried because I won't hear anything.

Justine that's a great looking trio! When I first put baby Lisa and Bronwyn together I kept them separated at night because I was afraid something might happen. You might want to do that until she are positive they are bonding.

That last chinpile picture is way cute. I hope they continue to stay a happy trio!

Well they made it happily through the night. I left them all out and checked on them every 2 hours. Hubby wasn't happy about the alarm going off every 2 hours but the chins were my main concern :)

I'm glad to hear that! I hope they remain a happy trio for a while, so far my trio's doing well too. Now all you have to do is send Yoshi my way ;)

Ya me to, they act like they've been together forever. Domo and Spyro were sleeping on the wheel together and BamBam and Spyro are always grooming each other, ah I'm so happy it went a lot better then i thought!

And i'll be sure to send Yoshi over right away :p

haha okay, he'll be really happy here don't worry :thumbsup:

ahaha but really, keep me updated on the trio! mine's going well too (knock on wood) i just hope to eventually find a buddy for my single boy now.

LOL that was my 'excuse' to my fiance of why I wanted another chin, so I can have a buddy for Yoshi :)

I'll make sure to keep you updated. everything is going so well so far, they really enjoy each other, it's great! (knock on wood, of course!)

Back