My next cell phone..Help me decide!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rach_leigh

Hi!

I can upgrade to a new phone on 9/6! YAY! So I am not sure if I want a Blackberry Curve (or newest style) or get an iPhone?

I currently have a BB Pearl and really like the BB, but my best friend has an iPhone and I really like it. I don't know....so does anyone have either? And what do you like or dislike about it?

Thanks in advance!!

basically boils down to your uses. The iphone is great as a multimedia type device, blackberries known for business use and only recently getting more multimedia.

I have a blackberry bold, and I love my phone. I don't know what the new 3g iphone changed, but when I was looking at the two, the thing that sent me away from the iphone was you couldn't do more than one thing at a time. Several times, I've been using the music player in my car, with a gps app running and then I'll get a phone call or send a quick text.

Well I have the oldest iphone, the 2g, and I absolutely LOVE it. The camera is only good when you take pictures in a well lit area. Slightly dim and they turn out not so great, grainy etc.

I was thinking it would be so difficult to use but its SO easy! Apple are just the best.

Im not a fan of typing anything long on the iphone...I make many mistakes, its very sensitive.

Is it the new 3Gs iPhone, Rachel? They have video...cut & paste etc...

I fell ya. I have a black berry curve 8330 currently and I love it. I always use at least 3 applications at a time! It has just enough applications to make me happy! I really want the new iphone! I just cant believe you can only do one thing at a time. :neener:

I'm dying to get my hands on the Blackberry Tour. It's just like the curve except the screen is bigger and better.

iPhones are cool, but I'm not crazy about touch screen phones. I can't use them as fast as buttons and the touch screens do wear out eventually.

Blackberries (especially the new ones) are getting more and more multimedia-friendly. My fiance has the Storm and we can entertain ourselves for hours with it. Plus almost all of the iPhone apps have mirrors for Blackberry (except the ones that are touch-oriented with non-touch blackberries)

I have the 3G and what I don't like is that you can not run multiple applications. However, it does everything which I like. I have never owned a blackberry so I can't comment on them. The keyboards on the iphone are touchy.

That all being said, I broke my phone and brought it into apple and no questions asked, they replace it. It is also super easy to back up the phone with iTunes. All I had to do with the new phone was plug it into my computer and let it sync.

Oh and FYI, All my pictures in my album are taken by my iphone. Don't know if you are interested in looking at the camera quality. You can tell when the lighting is bad.

I've also been looking at a new phone - mine is eight years old now and the buttons are starting to go bad.

I've decided when it finally dies to get the new Iphone - mostly because the new ones allow you to tether your laptop to it and get internet service. I used to be able to do that six years ago with this phone until they stopped allowing it.

Plus, from an aesthetic perspective, I like the OS on the Iphone better than the Blackberry. The BB is a great business tool and I agree about the buttons vs. touchscreen, but I never do any typing on the phone - just my laptop. I'd just use it as a phone/GPS and internet device. :p

Before I got the iPhone, it took me a long time to decide to make the ultimate switch from VZW to AT&T. I enjoy it and all of it's features. I don't have the 3GS just the 3G, but it's a lot of fun. At first, I really didn't want to leave VZW because I was with them forever. I was debating on getting a blackberry with Verizon. After playing around with both of them, I decided to go with the iPhone. I've become an avid apple user and even got a new mac book pro recently.

I don't really have much to say about Blackberry, since I've never personally owned one. But, I'd have to say the biggest negative about the iPhone is that (in my opinion...) it's not a good "phone" phone. If you are constantly talking on your phone, I'd recommend staying away from the iPhone. The quality of the phone portion isn't all that great. i.e.: fuzzy, hear yourself echo...those kind of problems. I have had equal amounts of dropping calls on both networks, so I don't even think one network's better than another.

Hope that helps. :)

Another thing about the iPhone for both of you considering. They charge 10 dollars a month for turn by turn directions. Using the GPS provided with the phone while you are driving is actually somewhat dangerous. I don't know if they changed it with the 3G S but they offer it as an additional application at this point in time for the older phones and I don't see them changing it. Something you may want to look at.

Thanks for the information everyone! I appreciate all of the input! I will let you all know what I decide in a few weeks. I can't wait to get a new phone!

re: turn by turn directions - I know blackberry developers come up with all kinds of free and pay apps, and I have a free turn by turn directions application that works very well. It's not as great as a pay app, but its FREE no monthly charges. I'm sure the iphone has similar.

I just got the Iphone 3Gs and I used to have the 3G. I loved everything about the 3g and never had issues with dropped calls or other call interference and have also taken it to Mexico and it worked great there as well. I love the 3Gs EVEN MORE! It's got a 3 megapixel built in camera with autofocus & macro inculding video. The pictures come out so much better than the 2g or 3g Iphones. Built in compass and gps. Awesome tethering feature! Too much stuff to list. IMO, it's the best "toy" I own! :))

You should really take a look at this iphone clip from apple -

http://www.apple.com/iphone/guidedtour/

The camera is only good when you take pictures in a well lit area. Slightly dim and they turn out not so great, grainy etc.
There is an app for that Mae! A new flash app and also a really cool zoom app :)).

Love my iPhone and can't imagine using anything better. I can talk on the phone while surfing the net and updating my calendar and checking emails and getting contact information. Not sure I have tried to listen to music while talking though lol.

Latest posts

Back