My new chins!! So excited to have them! (pics!)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbit721

I love furries
I started looking into becoming a chin parent several years ago. LOL, at first, I thought I'd house a chin in something like this....

...with, ya know, plastic toys and stuff :p But thankfully, I held off and decided to do some more research. I eventually found this forum, did some other reading and digging on my own, and came up with a better idea of how to properly care for chins.
So, when I finally got to bring home a pair of sweet little 3-4 month old girls last weekend, they came home to a much better situation than the above!

This was the first cage I had them in, it's an Oxbow set up, before my FN arrived from Amazon, and it's also my backup cage:

These girls are fearless! Didn't even flinch at the fact that a kitty cat was watching them! (no, I do not let them play together!)

After the FN arrived, they moved into the lower level! They'll get access to the whole thing once they're bigger.

I must thank Seachin, for being a very wonderful resource for a new chin owner and tolerating my barrage of questions :-D And Shooper, from whom I purchased all the fleece-covered items and wood ledges the girls now get to enjoy, and chinchillacity.com, where I got their wooden hanging and toss toys, and the timothy toys like the hay carrot. They especially like the hanging "rainbow" toy.

I am very glad this forum exists to provide a wealth of important info for new chin owners!

<3 <3 <3

Love your pics, and your FN cage looks fantastic. So glad you are enjoying your chins so much. I collected two kits from their breeder a few of days before Christmas which involved a three hundred mile round trip. It's so exciting getting them home and settled into their new cage. Your girls are beautiful. Please keep us updated on their progress :).

Aww. What precious pea's. Such beautiful animals. Very nice set up you made for them. My chins would be envious. Thanks for posting the photos. Made my morning.

Love the kitty looking at the chins. My senior kitty WB used to love helping in the chin room. Always nice and respectful. He has since passed.
My other two cats know better than to bother the chins. However Violet my older female cat is naughty to my bunny. :hair:
I catch her once in a while "smack talking" the bunny and reaching into the cage to smack her in the chops. No doubt because the bunny lunged at her and nailed her when she first moved in. Chuckles.....they are both turds sometimes.

Last edited:
That's a great looking cage and some adorable chins :) I need to save up my pennies to buy my poop boy a ferret nation and fleece. I'm committed after reading and seeing all the pictures!

Love the colors in their cage! That is a great fleece print.

They will have so much fun in their big girl cage once it's all opened up, and so will you! I feel like I rearrange our FN way too often. :D

Back