My new Chin :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemarie

photopv.jpg

This is Chico. I dont know if I want to keep that name since I have the hardest time remembering it.
Bringing him home has been an adventure.

So last night when i got him home i dropped his water bottle and food bowl and broke in pieces... it was too late for me to go out last night and get one. but i had a plastic one for right now.

I assembled the cage he came with. (plastic shelves which i didnt know.) Luckily I am in the process of fixing another cage up for him I just need a little bit more wood shelves and it will be done.

So i went to take him out of the carrier and HE PEED ON ME! :laughitup: At first i didnt know how to take it benny has never did that. he finally went into his cage after 5 mins. He was fine after that and begged for scratches.

This morning I went to check up on him when my boyfriend woke up for work. And he wasnt in his cage. So me and my boyfriend spent 20 mins trying to get him out from under the couch. We still don;t know how he gotten out. My dad thinks we should call him Harry Houdini. lol

I cant wait to see how Benny and Chico are with each other.

That's quite the adventurous beginning for the two of you! lol. I think Harry Houdini might be a fitting name for him! He is a cutie! May your adventure continue!

Thanks. And I hope I have more adventures in a month or so when i can see if Benny and Chico will be able to have playtime with each other at least.

Last night he peed on me while i was holding him to transport him from the carrier to the cage... but this morning he is standing up and peeing at me when i went in and fixed his fleece. I know females spray but i dont know if males do? do they? Should I check if it's a girl?

Males do spray, but they aren't good at aiming like females. Females spray very accurately, even at a distance.

He's probably spraying because he's still settling, hopefully he'll come down enough to not spray you everytime you walk past. Once he's comfortable with you I would check him just to be sure he's a male. I would do that regardless if he was spraying or not lol. Some males are better at aiming then others, I would think.

Yeah i'm going to give chico a week or two before i check. just to make sure before i even try to introduce benny and chico. I know i have a month or longer for that to happen but still would like to know.

Chico Just jumped in my boyfriends arms today. and we checks ... and he is a she. lol She has been at 3 other houses and no one checked the gender..

The person I got Wakka from said that she was a boy along with the sibling and both chins are females lol I found out because she was missing some fur on her gential area and tried to do a hair ring check to make sure that was not the cause and found he was a she lol

It's a good thing you checked before you let them meet! Either way, she's still a cutie!

She is the sweetest chin. She loves scratchies. I've been calling her Chicka. I'm just glad i checked and I didnt find out when one day i have kits running around.

I am sooo glad she has finally found her forever home with you! That may be part of the reason for her initially spraying "presents" at you...Sounds like baby girl got bounced around a bit so no wonder she did that...Oh well she is HOME now and that is what counts!!! :) Give her a kiss from me.

Awww! Poor little scared girl. She just needs some nice calm in her life to get settled in. Then lots of love and playtime!

Latest posts

Back