My Little Girl...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaifeng

chin001.jpg

chin011.jpg

chin014.jpg

chin013.jpg

i got her on the 18th of March... i was actually just lookin around, not plannin to buy a pet that day, but she was the sweetest thing... she came to me right away... i never had to chase her around her cage, i just put my hands by the door and she walks right up... so i figured it was fate, and i took her home... she doesn't trust others and will run away and not go to them, so i guess she really is just comfortable with me... i know it's only been three weeks, and i heard they can go through mood swings during those "terrible twos/teens", but she's been great... we've fallen asleep just staring at each other through her open cage door... when i wake up, she's often sleeping as close as possible, holding the side of her cage... she falls asleep in the hood of my sweaters... even though i bought a cage when i got her, after seeing the good old FN club forum, i got her a new home, two weeks later...

She's beautiful!!!... and looks like one spoiled chinnie ( as she should be!!).

I'm so glad you and your girl found each other because it sounds like a perfect match. She's also really beautiful and I love her cage.

She's darling! I love black velvets. Her cage setup looks great, and it sounds like she has settled in nicely. Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of chins!

we've fallen asleep just staring at each other through her open cage door... when i wake up, she's often sleeping as close as possible,
She is a total sweetheart!
Am I reading this right though? You can not leave her unsupervised while you doze off. She can get overheated, chew through a screen, eat a electrical cord, have something fall on her, eat something bad for her. I could go on.

I worry about her overheating when she falls asleep in my hood, so I don't let her stay asleep in there, too long... the few times we stared at each other and fallen asleep, it was just briefly for me, then I'd wake up, and close the door and let her sleep... I wouldn't mean to fall asleep, but I'd bee pretty tired and watchin her be so relaxed would get me drowsy... maybe my initial yawning was gettin her tired... The part of my room she would have access to if she happened to leave her cage is pretty chin proof, though...

looks like you and I both got black velvets on march 18th! twins!! lol she's adorable and sounds like a sweetheart! congrats!

HI Gavin!! Great to finally see your little girl. She's adorable and looks very happy.

When you come by to pick up your hammock tonight I forgot to give you, look in the bag. I will put a few Manzanita chips in there and see if she likes them. :)

Yes, I posted on her fleece thread!! I love it... I was ecstatic to find out that Annie is my neighbor!!!... She's been super helpful!!... and Mudslide is great!!...

other fleece liners came in...

Butterflies!!...

chin017.jpg

Babyblue...

chin020-1.jpg

she's tired...

chin022.jpg

when i was still still getting her cage ready, didn't have enough fleece to cover everything, so kept my pet dragon on the bottom part, first...

chin010.jpg

they've not played together, even though toothless is made of fleece!!...

chin009.jpg

I love the fleece! It's so cute and there's so much of it! My boys just have a bottom of fleece and a fleece tube with wood ledges.

Toothless! Awesome. I loved that movie. :)

Back