My Little Chin's Cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mircat

This is Davy's current cage set up, and I think it's my favorite because it's seemingly more fun for him! What do you guys think?
Also, if any of you have random cages like I do I'd love to see so feel free to post pictures :) Most cage pic threads are of FNs or Chinchilla Mansions, haha.

Attachments

• CAM00122.jpg
    CAM00122.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 149
  • CAM00125.jpg
    CAM00125.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 113
  • CAM00123.jpg
    CAM00123.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 96
  • CAM00124.jpg
    CAM00124.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 98
oh my gosh. we have that same cage for our chins. we've (well, mostly i) have been looking for a bigger cage for the both of them so that they can have more jumping room but they are so gosh darn expensive. they are out of our budget range at the moment. x.x
i noticed you also added a little barn house roof. how much did all of your extra perches and roof cost overall? does it make the cage look bigger, or spacious, in person too? =D

What make of cage is that? I initially bought ans options aurora cage and am now in the process of building an extension on to it! :DIMG20130901_001.jpg

Hey turtlemoon! If you have the same cage, you know the big purple grate that's supposed to go in the bottom to keep bedding in? Well I used that grate and the two metal grid ramps attached by zip ties for the roof front. The back is two storage grids and the sides are a storage grid each, which I cut the edges that stuck out. All I did was set that on top of the cage and removed the top door so he can climb up to the attic! It was a good way for me to give my boy more space without getting another cage :)

Looks good! You did a great job outfitting the cage! I agree with ljiayi. A good thing to add would be a wooden house at the bottom. Somewhere your chin can feel completely secure.

Hey turtlemoon! If you have the same cage, you know the big purple grate that's supposed to go in the bottom to keep bedding in? Well I used that grate and the two metal grid ramps attached by zip ties for the roof front. The back is two storage grids and the sides are a storage grid each, which I cut the edges that stuck out. All I did was set that on top of the cage and removed the top door so he can climb up to the attic! It was a good way for me to give my boy more space without getting another cage :)

that sounds, and looks, wonderful! :)

thank you for the idea! i shall be trying that. :D

do the zip ties work well and keep the grids steady?

Last edited:
I added a wooden hut at the bottom as suggested :) he mostly likes chewing and perching on it though aha

Latest posts

Back