My husband can sew?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awesome Kristin

Soooo my husband didn't want to spend a ton of money on chinchilla stuff and insisted we could do the fleece stuff ourselves. I was skeptical since neither of us had ever tried to sew before.

We went to Joanns and got some good deals on the fleece. We got a patterned one, and a solid to match the pattern. Now here's the catch. We don't own a sewing machine!

So we did what we always do when we don't know wtf. We googled it! Got some needles and thread and got started. We decided to start with a small hammock for Oscar in the Quarantine cage. He did 3 sides and I did 1 plus the straps.

I'm pretty proud of it, but I think we're going to borrow a sewing machine before doing any bigger projects with the fleece.

I just thought I'd share with everyone!

I was able to take a picture of him with the needle in his hands concentrating on the fleece but he made me promise I would never show anyone.
dsc01363u.jpg

Lots of men can sew! Tell him to think of all the great designers--Versace, Hillfiger, Lauren, and many more so he's in fine company lol! I'm sure Oscar will be quite pleased with his hammock!

Lots of men can sew! Tell him to think of all the great designers--Versace, Hillfiger, Lauren, and many more so he's in fine company lol! I'm sure Oscar will be quite pleased with his hammock!

Oscar de la Renta, Alexander Wang, Giorgio Armani, Alexander Woo, Marc Jacobs, Alexander McQueen, Zac Posen - the list goes on and on!

Very nice! I remember taking a tour of the Montana Smoke Jumper School, the guys and gals who parachute into wild fires. First stop in the tour we go into a room where about 20 HUGE guys were hunched over sewing machines sewing their little hearts out. It was all I could do not to laugh uncontrollably. They were sewing parachutes and backpacks and stuff like that, but it was so funny!

thanks, guys. We should be getting a sewing machine this weekend and then we'll do bigger hammocks and a liner for the big cage.

My BF also sews but usually leaves it to me:sewing:
It will go so much faster with a machine. Great job on the hammock. :thumbsup:

Great job! My husband helped me with something I was sewing and having trouble with and I found out that he is better at it than me LOL. Now everytime we have nothing to do I ask him if he wants to do some sewing for me ........but he always says no LOL

Your hammock is too cute!
My husband is an awesome tailor. In fact, he's thoroughly enjoying watching me struggle through hand stitching everything and got to teach me the old adage 'measure twice, cut once" when I messed up the cut out liner for my FN142. We don't have our own sewing machine and I've officially threatened to buy just any old one of CL, so he'll sit down and decide what kind of fancy one he wants. He's putting off getting a nice sewing machine because he knows I'm going to want him to make me costumes and chinchilla things all the time. LOL.

:SarcasmA:
It takes special training. I tried the clicker and crushed up rosehip pieces, but my husband didn't seem interested. :laughitup:

Back