My guy ate a Qtip!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabe

My Chinny found a Qtip with vitamin e oil on it and he ate it. Will this hurt him? Should intake him to the vet? It happened last night and found him with it . So he only ate the cotton before I got it back. When I checked on him today it looked like he'd eaten his hay and pellets . Still he seems really sleepy . I hope I'm just overeacting , but still I'm worried .

Hold on.. how much did he eat? All of the cotton and stick orr??

keep an eye on his poop output, and if you see a change in poop size to smaller, or a sudden decrease in the amount of poops, get him seen by a vet.

keeping the cage clean and clearing out poops a few times a day will help you decipher if poop output has changed, since you'll notice new poops much more easily in a freshly cleaned cage.

Good news he is pooping, playing, chewing, and eating. I'm just paranoid after all reading I've done on what can happen to them I guess. I love him so much and don't want anything bad to happen. Thanks for advice .
Cara

Back