My girls! (pics)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daina91880

I adopted two lovely ladies this past weekend after finding them through a member (Mt Zion Chins) here, and it was the best decision I've ever made. I fell in love with them at first sight, and I am so happy to have them home with me. I'm really happy with my decision to adopt rather than buy. I love the feeling that I know they'll be with me forever, even if someone else couldn't keep them.

Right now, they're in the cage they came with, awaiting the goodies to fill their brand new Ferret Nation 182, but they seem happy enough to jump around and run on their old flying saucer, even if I think they look a bit cramped. I hung up a few hanging toys for them and gave them a little fiddle sticks bridge that I turned into a hut, which they love to sit on and hop off of. They also use it like a tunnel, but they don't stay inside long. Yesterday I cleaned out their cage for the first time and gave them their first dust bath, which they loved. They're starting to get more social already, and love to come check out my fingers when I'm cleaning up or changing their food and hay. The mosaic likes to bite my husband's fingers but hasn't even nibbled me once. She even let me give her scitches for a second or two yesterday. She also likes to sit at the front of the cage and watch hubby as he sits in his chair watching tv. Now I joke with him that she's plotting his death, lol. He's taking it personally, poor guy. The ebony is a tad less social, but gets really curious when she knows the cgae door is open. Today she came over to visit my hand when I put it inside.

I also have two dogs. One of which couldn't care less that we have new animals in the house. He's so laid back. My shih tzu is obsessed with them though. She loves to watch them and stands on her back legs to get a clser look. So cute!

Anyway... They came with names, but because I'm a tad of a control freak, I have renamed them. I'm a BIG Harry Potter fan, and they have Harry Potter themed names... not just HP themed... but female Death Eater names...poor babies... but I will shorten them for everyday use so as not to torture them too badly ;)

Meet... Narcissa and Bellatrix aka: Cissy and Bella. (The pics aren't the greatest, but I didn't want to traumatize them for life with my camera... yet ;))

Bellatrix:

6981008083_119777ea63.jpg

Narcissa:

6981010193_aa903be7a1.jpg

Hmmm... Bellatrix sure doesn't look evil.... I guess we'll have to wait and see?

They're gorgeous girls, congrats.

Thanks everyone!

I'm really excited because Narcissa seems to really like attention. Shes taken to sitting at the front of the cage and staring at me until I come see her. She lets me give scritches and I even got to pet her back a little last night. Tonight though, I had my arm in the cage and she crawled on me a bit. Bellatrix is slightly less social... I guess shes living up to her name a bit. But she let me scritch her fr the first time tonight.

I've taken a few more pics, but alas, we're still waiting to move into the palace.

6837956834_b6b093c0d8.jpg

6986422977_1383bea246.jpg

6984076443_2f67a8aede.jpg

6840309620_aecb004aaa.jpg

The girls are doing so well! I have moved them into their FN and they're so excited to have more than twice the space to bounce around in. I'm waiting for a few more things to come, but I couldn't wait any longer. They seemed so cramped in the other cage. I got some fleece and made some makeshift liners (and they'll be backup liners in the future, since they match everything I ordered. I think I'm OCD.)

Narcissa now lets me pet her as much as I want. Tonight I was petting her and she reached up and pulled her whiskers out of the way so I wouldn't pin them down while I was giving her scritches. So cute. She even lets me pet her back now. Bellatrix is still a little wary of scritches, but she'll come around eventually. (You should have seen me trying to gently wrangle her to get her in the new cage! She was not having it.)

Cissy likes to sit in one corner of the cage and watch tv. She'll sit there for an hour at a time and just watch. My husband is convinced she likes basketball, but once March Madness is over, I'm sure she'll continue to watch whatever is on. She barks when I turn the tv off for the night. I leave the radio on, but I guess it's just not the same ;)

My shih tzu, Kelsi adores them. She will sit in front of the cage for hours just watching their antics with her little tail wagging. When she puts her nose to the cage, the chins will sniff her which is a weight off my shoulders. I was so afraid that they would be skittish being closer to the ground where Kelsi can be eye level with them. But no, they just sit there and eat their food and stare right back at her! (My pomeranian, on the other hand, couldn't care less that they're here. He completely ignores them and has since the minute they entered the house, lol)

Anyway, here's a few more pics...

Move over!

7016951789_f2c2c4307d.jpg

7016952035_f23825c389.jpg

And Kelsi's obsession:

7016980053_cc3009f74f.jpg

7016983113_99b4fe2a20.jpg

I ordered their fleece accessories from here: http://www.classychillas.com/fleece-accessories.html which gave me the inspiration once I picked ot the fabric.

Then I went on a crazy hunt for the fabric so I could have extra just in case. I ended up buying from hobby lobby online, and may have been super happy when they had matching ribbons to put on my homemade storage boxes.

I'm still waiting for their hammocks and tubes and liners and stuff, but when it's all in there, and everything matches, my OCD is going to be fully appeased. :)

I'm very jealous of your organized area with the boxes... May have to do that myself!!

Your chins are suuuper cute too! :))

They are lovely! I wish Rosey could have the cute fleece things too, but she goes hard out trying to eat the stuff :(

I'm very jealous of your organized area with the boxes... May have to do that myself!!

Your chins are suuuper cute too! :))

Thank you! Like I said, OCD. Everything has a place. The space on top of the cage is perfectly organized too. Labeled jars and such. I also obsessively sweep around the cage and vacuum poops at least once a day...

I think I may have a problem ;)

OH god that picture is precious! I love their names, haha if you get boys you HAVE to name them that! Such a good idea! And the hedwig fleece really just tops it off....

Latest posts

Back