my FN question...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxchincerelyxo

PM for pet portraits <3
So I have two boys and two girls both in Martin cages. Though I love my cages very much, I was thinking about getting a fn. Is a fn (the two tier one) large enough to have two chins in each half or is it really more for either one in each half or two+ in the whole thing. I was thinking of trying to have the girls in one half and the boys in the other half. My cages now are about 3 ft tall, so I would feel bad squishing them into a small cage. I also have wheels etc. that I would need to fit, so I was just wondering if they would or wouldn't have enough room...

Thanks!!!

There's plenty room for 2 in each cage - I have my pairs in each section and right now in my 'maternity' bottom thats closed off with hardware cloth, I have 3 triplets in with their parents. Once they're weaned, they're coming out though, because there isn't enough room for 5 :) I plan to have at least one trio in a section though. I feel as if there is enough room for them. You have to think about the cage being 3' x 2' x 2' (give or take an inch on width) - so a good 12 cubic feet per section.

Last edited:
There's plenty room for 2 in each cage - I have my pairs in each section and right now in my 'maternity' bottom thats closed off with hardware cloth, I have 3 triplets in with their parents. Once they're weaned, they're coming out though, because there isn't enough room for 5 :) I plan to have at least one trio in a section though. I feel as if there is enough room for them. You have to think about the cage being 3' x 2' x 2' (give or take an inch on width) - so a good 12 cubic feet per section.

The entire cage or each section is 3*2*2

My martin cages are about (I think) 3 tall by 3 across by 2 wide, so they wouldn't be loosing that much I guess.

Also, can the stand on the bottom come off??? Not that I would want it to, but if I did want it to could I?

Each section is 3' x 2' x 2'.

The bottom will come off, as I've heard a lot of people on here mention that they took theirs off, but I personally didn't because I use the bottom for storage for my ferret supplies in a large container that fits perfectly underneath it.

I have 2 FNS each with 2 chins in it but honestly I think I am going to "consolodate". My boys live separately now but I am going to try to pair them up so I can have only one cage. I feel like the second cage is just too much to handle. My girls share a half of a cage and they have plenty of room.

two chins in a section wil be fine! lol but it is way easy to clean and thats why i bought it

Back