My first hammock

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damanta

I found the DIY thread and decided to try some out. So far I made this for Angel(along with a cuddle buddy), and a second one for funsies.
DSCN3142.jpg

DSCN3144.jpg

DSCN3145.jpg

She actually seems to like it, so I'm happy. And mildly addicted...

Good job! It's always so exciting to see a pet use stuff you've made. I'd love to see the cuddle buddy, too!

Also, I hate grommets. That is all. :p

The hammock looks great, and Angel is gorgeous! I also hate grommets and sew in loop to avoid using them.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan either. I'm going to get a grommets punch tool I think and see if it's any easier.

I have a grommet tool that looks like a pair of pliers. It won't go through the fleece. Mind you, I'm trying to make it go through 4 layers of fleece (making pocket hammocks for our rats). I end up using a combination of a punch similar to this that came with my sewing machine to start the hole, then scissors to cut the hole large enough. Even with a large enough hole, 3/4 of my grommets end up misaligned/funky. I don't know if it's because the fleece is too thick or I'm just grommet-stupid or what.

web sites for chew toy and all other chinchilla stuff

hey
so i live in hawaii and i am having a hard time find lots of toys for my chinchilla is their any web site that you order for that are good toys and all other chinchilla stuff any thing will help thanks :)

Latest posts

Back