My family's new rescue dog is really sick :(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renee I am so terribly sorry for you. At the same time I am so happy that Scooby got to know what real love is and that someone wanted him. I beleive things happen for a reasonand I think Sakura sent Scooby to you because she knew you would be able to help him. Big hugs honey

When your heart is ready, let someone else in. There are just too many that need us.

Renee I am truly sorry to hear you are going through this my heart goes out to you and your family.

I work with a rescue group ( although it is guinea pigs ) we have to face situations like this almost daily when we get in sick / old / dying animals it is heart breaking sometimes .. I myself have taken in an elderly guinea pig who is losing her motor skills in her back legs is going blind and losing weight she also has mammary tumors I knew Bambi's time with us was going to be limited and I knew I was going to have to watch her health decline but I also know her last few months with us will be the best ones she is loved , happy , spoiled rotten and gets everything her little heart desires .. no matter what happens I am so glad she is here with us even though it is going to crush me and my husband when its her time

please don't give up on adopting in the future it truly makes a difference in the life of the animal you bring home

~Julie~

Just know that he is passing with someone that loves him and not in a cage at the humane society with strangers. Take care.

Scoobie was put down yesterday by the humane society. They are paying to have him cremated for me, so I can bring him home. They are also refunding the adoption fee.

I think he remembered the staff, he was excited to see them as sick as he was. I was not allowed to be with him, but at least he was with people he knew.

I think they cared about him, but my family loved him.

I want to bring him home again where he belongs.

I am thankful he didn't die alone in a kennel. He knew he was loved. Even the humane society director said it was better he didn't pass away alone.

My dad ordered an urn for him, I will be placing him next to Sakura.

What an awful week you have had! I have a suggestion as far as adoption. Maybe your dad can seek out an American Eskimo rescue. Some of the private rescue groups do proper health testing. I can entirely believe the shelter missed it. Heck, when we adopted our GSD, she had a broken tooth and a few massive hot spots. She had them when we found her and when we went to sign the adoption papers a week later, I asked if they were treating them and the lady was like "what hot spots" !!! Really? We had her for 3 hours and found them, you had her for a week and didn't? They required fairly intense treatment to heal. Also, what bothers me the most about this is that she was put under for her spay, they obviously did not do a comprehensive exam to ensure she was healthy, because if they had we would have been told about the tooth by them instead of our vet when we took her in for her boosters the next week.
I had a hard time with losing my old cat in December. I can't imagine your grief losing 2 in such a short time span.

http://www.eskierescuers.org/ They seem like they take good care of the dogs and really have them thoroughly checked out before adopting.

Back