My experience with chin proofing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri101

Just sharing some tips they may have been said but this is what I have learned :)

When I first brought chinchin home I did not let him have free play until that night when I chin proofed my room I let him out in I always know that even if you think ur house is chin proofed they will find things to get into....I customized blockers for crevices I dont want him in, wire proofed, and vacuum my room daily so he will be safe :)

chin chin is a very curious creature did you know chinchillas.......

- can fit under the door cracks if they are small enough? yup my little guy went right out in front of me
-they can jump reallllly high on desks, tables,beds, .....so make sure you have anything they can knock over or get into put away lol....
-they love to jump and run over , and are very fast....you so always be sure to watch where your going...
-chin chin likes snuggling in my bed and will take a rest when he feels comfortable.....

My chin was from a pet store so he is very much enjoying the attention he gets on on one from being home with me...he warmed up to me right away maybe due to all the handling and plucking he was going through, he loves my soft mannered handeling, and he has been and will always be a joy in my life.....

383003_1928875720009_1785708576_1292535_119166842_n.jpg

hmm.. got one for chins like like to tear sheets of paint off the wall and eat them? Or will do the same thing with cardboard thats covering it, untill they can reach the wall?

I am missing paint off my wall, and carpet when my chin was able to get to them from inside her playpen.

Trim must be really tasty to them. I had a cage next to some trim and they squeezed their little noses through the cage bars to chew on it.

one thing from my experience check under everything in the room and area... we just got into a new house and under a desk there was a 3x3 hole that went into a crevice behind the cabinets. Took me 3 hours to get her out ended up just pulling the molding off.

hmm.. got one for chins like like to tear sheets of paint off the wall and eat them? Or will do the same thing with cardboard thats covering it, untill they can reach the wall?

I am missing paint off my wall, and carpet when my chin was able to get to them from inside her playpen.

wow that is a new thing to know will be on the lookout for that!

Trim must be really tasty to them. I had a cage next to some trim and they squeezed their little noses through the cage bars to chew on it.

hes been looking at my trim but Ive been hoping he eats the hay block chewy instead I throw those around my room in random spots yup I really love my fella to be looking at them all over the floor lol

one thing from my experience check under everything in the room and area... we just got into a new house and under a desk there was a 3x3 hole that went into a crevice behind the cabinets. Took me 3 hours to get her out ended up just pulling the molding off.

that is crazy ty for sharing yes I was so surprised when he slid under the door crack was only like 2 and a half inches....

your post made me smile^_^ good thing chins are so dam cute!

I agree even when they do naughty mischievousness acts we still love them !!!
its funny even though its a lot of work its so rewarding watching my fella have a ball running around at play time

id say just make sure your watching your chin, lots of people use a bathroom(make sure you close toilet seat and if you have a shower with a floor drain id say cover that up to. Maybe add in some obstacles to further entertain) but i have a chinchilla room just for my chins playtime xD

If the chin's head can fit so can the rest of him!

I once was trying to catch a chin when it ran into the bathroom, I locked it in there so it'd be easier to catch in the smaller area. Well what I did not know about my bathroom was that under the sink cabinet was open and the chin just hoped over the kickboard. So there I sat very quietly and every time the chin came out, it just beelined straight back under the cabinet. The way it was set up made it impossible to reach under or stick anything under there. Took me 24 hours to catch that chinchilla!

You know you are a chinchilla slave when you must clean the house before you let the lil poopers out for playtime

before AND after >.> messy little babies.

...and the number one most important rule of chin-proofing:

CONSTANT supervision and vigilance, no matter how well you think you chin-proofed! Never let those little furries out of your sight for a second!

You know you are a chinchilla slave when you must clean the house before you let the lil poopers out for playtime

ohhhh yes LOL I found out just why chin chin loves hiding behind the bushel basket in my room ( that is where he leaves little presents ):hilarious:

i made it a point to have nothing at all plugged in in my chin room. if there are no wires, they can't chew them! and all but one electrical outlet is completely covered by furniture.

Latest posts

Back