My DIY Valentine's gift

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konayipark

baby_godzilla
My husband's birthday falls on the 14th of February, so we deem the 15th as our Valentine's Day. Just thought I'd share the DIY calendar I made of our sweet pup, Kona, for him to enjoy all year long. (Our little girl Kona is more lovingly referred to as 'Kone' in our household, hence the reference to _____ Kone in each of the photos.)

z210241142.jpg
First, I printed each page out and cooed at my sweet dog's face in each photo.

z210241143.jpg
Next, I rounded each of the corners because a rounded corner makes me happy.

z210241144.jpg
Next, I hole punched the top of each month's page for the ribbon to thread through.

Found an old canvas & a cute sheet of scrapbook paper when I originally went looking for some cardstock and thought it'd be the perfect background for the calendar.

z210241148.jpg
Got busy rubber cementing & stapling the edges around the canvas.

Organized all my months together, tied a little ribbon around them, and tried to figure out exactly where to place it.

z210241151.jpg
Done! And with the beginning of a new month, I can just flip the month over since nothing's glued together. (I've since scooted it over a little to the right, since I noticed it was lopsided.)

To anyone who is curious, each of the pages were arranged on MS Publisher and printed at home on my regular 'ole inkjet printer.

Happy Valentine's Day, and I hope this inspires you to do something crafty (and free!) for your loved one!

Back