My chins are GROUNDED! Wheel eaters.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieP

I bought 4 Silver Surfers. Installed one in Bowzer Oscar & Arnold's cage, went to sleep and got woken up by a 'ting ting ting ting' sound... Someone was sitting on the wheel eating it!!

img1949y.jpg

img1950ku.jpg

I took it out before they chewed completely thru the wheel like they did to their last one until I figure out what to do.

Then on Thursday night I installed one in Clarice & Momma's cage. Sure enough, ting ting ting ting in the middle of the night! They had their old wheel for about a year and never chewed it, they must not like purple!

img1948j.jpg

:hilarious:
Wow, and I thought watching chins destroy pumice was scary (seriously, why do they think it's fun to chew rocks to bits? What kind of crazy creature would do that?). Aluminium on the other hand, is on a whole other level... Love the clear tooth marks in the wheels!

Only your chins Stevie, holy cow :huh:!!! I'd be afraid to hold one of them on one of their bad days, lol!

I would never have guessed that they could do that. If I were you, I would make sure they are always happy with me.

You might want to invest in some Kevlar gloves and sleeves for when you have to do any hand feeding!!!

As many apple sticks that I buy I thought they'd be happy. But no, they destroy brand new wheels.

:wacko:

Thank goodness all of them are sweet chins or I'd be scared to fill up their food dishes in fear of loosing a finger!

After looking at their wheels, I'm surprised they even have cages left! Not a nice thing to do, when Dad spoils ya rotten with nice new wheels!

Well I saw the chin comin' from out of the sky
It had two big ears, and two big red eyes
It commenced to popping' and I said "ooh-eee"
It looks like a purple wheel eater to me

It was a red-eyed, big eared, flyin' purple wheel eater
Red-eyed, big eared, flyin' purple wheel eater)
A red-eyed, big eared, flyin' purple wheel eater
Sure looks strange to me

Well he came down to earth and he lit on a branch
I said Mr. Purple Wheel Eater, don't eat me
I heard him say in a voice so gruff
I wouldn't eat you cuz you're so tough

It was a red eyed, big eared, flyin' purple wheel eater
Red-eyed, big eared flyin' purple wheel eater
Red-eyed, big eared, flyin' purple wheel eater
Sure looks strange to me

I said Mr. Purple Wheel Eater, what's your line
He said it's eatin' purple wheels and it sure is fine
But that's not the reason that I came to land
I wanna get a job in a rock and roll band

Well bless my soul, rock and roll, flyin' purple wheel eater
Short-armed, thick-furred, flyin' purple wheel eater
(We wear short shorts)
Flyin' purple wheel eater
Sure looks strange to me

And then he jumped from the tree and he popped on the ground
He started to rock, really rockin' around
It was a crazy ditty with a swingin' tune
Singing kack kack akacka lopa lum bam boom

Well bless my soul, rock and roll, flyin' purple wheel eater
Short armed, thick furred, flyin' purple wheel eater
I like short shorts
Popping' little wheel eater
Sure looks strange to me

And then he went on his way, and then what do ya know
I saw him last night on a Reality show
He was blowing it out, a'really knockin' em dead
Playin' rock and roll music and popping his head

I have a piece of granite in one of my cages. It's chewed like that on the edge. You should of seen the look on my face when I saw that!!

My wheels have chew marks on them too. I'm still laughing here. Chins will chew anything. Just glad mine love me when they groom my hands or face. If chins had bad days I might be missing body parts. :hilarious:

I guess your chins aren't lacking for calcium! Wow...hopefully they don't figure out that they can chew through the bars of their cages with their super - chinnie strength!

Latest posts

Back