My chinnies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeak

chinnie slave
Please excuse my bad pictures. I will get better ones!

Pip is my little beige/tan female with adorable freckles. I got her off of Craigslist a few months ago. Someone was giving her away, because she started chewing her fur. :( She is the sweetest and most gentle chinny ever!

I also have two boys. They are bonded brothers. Also from Craigslist from someone who just didn't want them anymore. I was hoping to rename them, because they don't respond to their given names, but I haven't come up with anything yet. They are a black velvet and grey? Their fur was a bit mucky when I got them, but they are starting to look much better with regular baths. They are very hyper, active little boys.

Forgive my lack of color knowledge! I just know they are all gorgeous and precious in their own way.

Attachments

• IMAG3509.jpg
    IMAG3509.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 108
  • IMAG3899.jpg
    IMAG3899.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG3889.jpg
    IMAG3889.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 92
  • PipHammock.jpg
    PipHammock.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG4099.jpg
    IMAG4099.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 90
Such cute chins! I love Pip's coloring, beige chinchillas are my favorite! How is her fur chewing problem going?

Thank you all :)

Such cute chins! I love Pip's coloring, beige chinchillas are my favorite! How is her fur chewing problem going?

It seems to be going good. When I got her, her fur was very short all over her backend with the little 'mohawk' down the back where she couldn't reach. Now she has big puffs of fur on her bum and back legs where her fur is growing back out.

I am hoping that it was just from poor care and that it will get better. When I got her, they had her dust bath attached inside her cage and there were more cheerios in her cage than actual food. Either way, she is still super soft and the rest of her fur looks great. She is the sweetest thing and she goes nuts for attention and scritches ;)

That's so sad that Pip was given away just because she fur chews. But then again, I guess it could be a good thing, because now you have her, and you can spoil her with lots of love and treats!
My beige Rosey fur chews as well. She started when my other chin Poppy got sick with pyometra. I think the stress of Poppy's illness and the separation anxiety (when Poppy had to have an emergency spay) was what made Rosey start chewing... and unfortunately she never stopped after that.
I know she's not stressed now, and she certainly shouldnt be bored, what with plenty of toys and her own big playroom to run in every night, but she still chews.
I think some chins start from stress or boredom, and then form a habit they cant break. Like humans nail biting I guess!

Anyways, all the best to lil Pip, I'm sure she will be well looked after now!
Oh...and your two boys are lovely as well of course!

It's sad to see someone would give away Pip because she's a fur chewer, it sounds like she's a bundle of joy! The two boys also sound like they are a bundles of joy, too!

I'm glad her fur is growing out and she's recovering nicely, she's in very good hands now!

More pictures. ;)

Attachments

• 103_3753.jpg
    103_3753.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 103_3768.jpg
    103_3768.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 103_3772.jpg
    103_3772.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 103_3765.jpg