my chinchilla seem frustrated...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rutherford

i peer into your soul
... like sexually frustrated. earlier last week, my girlfriend said rutherford tried to hump her arm when she reached in to say hello. he's already used to her presence, and has really taken a liking to her, so she wasn't a stranger or anything. earlier this week when i reached him for my daily hello, he tried to hump my arm only to run away shortly after. i bought him this ball made of hay straws or something from petsmart, and he has been using that as his item of affection. he chirps with urgency and frustration, while mounting on top of the ball, and wagging his tail from side to side.

does anyone have any advice on how to make the frustration a little less intense? a site that makes chinchilla cuddle buddies said they're are all sold out of them, and the only site i know makes cubies? do cubies work the same way?

thanks for any help you can give me!

Cubies should work as well. it is mainly something for them to mount and get some "frustrations" out. Just make sure you wash it.

Cubies, cuddle buddies, if he's really that eager looks won't matter so much ;)

How old is he? If he's a teenager, well, what can I say. I have a male rescue chinnie here at my house. I got him a cuddle buddy since I felt bad he was all alone. He never even hardly looks at it and I've never seen him mount it. My little guy is about 3 years old. I wonder if it's something he'll grow out of.

rutherford is now 4 months old, and it only started recently. he used to have this pillow that i put in his fuzzy tube where he sleeps, but he shoved it away. maybe he'd want it now? it's not exactly in the right shape so it's hard to mount it... so maybe his straw ball is easier.

It is just puberty likely and will go away with time. if the straw ball works I don't see the harm in allowing him to continue to use that

you could also use a piece of fleece. a couple of my obys gather their little folded piece of fleece and use that. i am assuming a straw ball is one of those wicker type things and after a while that will not be too clean.

Latest posts

Back