My chinchilla is in labor!!!!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikayla

My chinchilla is in labor! She's might have problems with her size and I'm scared. I don't know what to do, I don't know how long she's been in or what. What do I do?!?!?!?!

Calm down, take a deep breath. Many small chinchillas have had kits with no issues. Now you have to wait and just be ready. It may take a few hours. Best thing to to is not disturb her and see if she does her thing...

She had a still born kit earlier this morning. We tried to revive her but nothing happened. She just was too precious for Earth. She was white, with a gray head covering, and weighed 54 grams. Precious.

I'm sorry for your loss. Sometimes it's not meant to be. I would continue to keep an eye on mom just to be sure she doesn't have any more kits left.

I am sorry. at this point you should palpate her gently to make sure there are no more lumps. 200 grams is a big weight gain for 1 kit. and look underneath her to be sure everything looks ok. There may be a little risidual blood but she should be cleaned up for the most part

There aren't any more lumps, I checked earlier, she's quite bloody on the underside, but nothing fresh. I think she's doing fine, other than I think she's a little depressed because I took the baby to try to stimulate it, but I never brought it back, so I think she's struggling with that a little bit.

Back