my chin likes eyelashes?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbee

My sweet little Hannah will often come to give me kisses when in her cage or when I am laying in the floor with her during supervised playtime. However, whenever she is near my face she will sometimes start to go after my eyelashes, she tries to nibble them. Obviously I don't let her, but why does she do this? Does my mascara smell interesting? Is she just checking me out? I've only had her 2 weeks, so we are still getting to know each other but she is my sweet little lady. :)

Chins love to groom and are very curious about everything. She clearly thinks your eyelashes are either very interesting or very dirty (just kidding of course). LOL

She is grooming you! It's a sweet thing they do to each other, and to us... she's just bonding with you :)

Just wait 'til she finds your eyebrows and your hair. My Rosey is always trying to give me a new haircut!

Omg this is so funny!!! My chin always eats/pulls on my eyelashes too!!! I was actually wondering about this and thought it was the mascara maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Willow will attempt to groom my arm hair while I give her fresh food/hay in the evening. When she's out for her weekly dust bath (in a smaller room across from the chin room; easier to chin proof and it is about 5 degrees cooler) she'll run from the other side of the room and launch herself onto my head and reach down to groom my eyebrows. She's so funny. The boys (Mazlow and Gizmo) would rather attempt to eat my nails.
They are funny little creatures.

Latest posts

Back