My chin is diggin' my hair??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teddykay

So a few months ago my chin started loving my hair when it was wetish, but more damp. When I get ready on the floor or lay down after a shower, she jumps on my back and just loves to roll around on my damp hair (I obviously don't let her do it for very long cause of the wetness). She is just is so fascinated by it lol! And now she just loves my hair in general.. I have to put it up during playtime or she pretty much just (playfully) attacks my head to chew on my hair. So I was just wondering if any of your chinchillas do the same thing with your hair????

Also, non-hair related, I think I caught my chin humping my damp towel on the floor last week? I've never seen her hump anything before so I was stunned!!! Do female chinchillas even hump?

I think she's just very amused by the feeling of wetness cause she's never felt it before. And don't worry!! I never let her touch my wet hair or towels for no more than like 10 seconds, she is not getting wet at all!

& I know this question is very random haha I just think it's funny.

my chin loves my hair too! I have to do the same thing keeping it away from her during playtime!! :p

I used to have a chin that did that. I was the smell of the shampoo. When I switched shampoo, he stopped.

I used to have a chin that I would play the guitar next to his cage and he would come out and sit on the body. If I stopped playing, he bit me. :) Chins are weird.

Viper used to nest in my hair. By that I mean dig around until there were knots in my hair and then crawl into the mess and lay there... Such weird animals.

Carl always like to chew on my hair. If I get close enough to the cage or I stick my head in, he grabs strands and chews them, he'll even dig over my glasses to get to my eyebrows and eyelashes! I just pull back and give him scritches to distract him 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back