My chin barking

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleLostLena

Okat so I got the chin three days ago and he was really quiet I've been trying to gain his trust by reading and talking to him when I put some hay on my palm and he eat out of it he started barking out of no where I don't know why because I have changed the position of my hand or anything, now he just keeps barking,
Can someone please give me some ideas on what I can do please

Welcome to the world of chinchilla vocalizing!! Barking is also known as an "alarm" call. Not to be worried about. It means your chin is calling out to the others in its pack. In this case, that means you. LOL. You will find that many of our chins bark in their sleep as well. Best thing to do is respond...just with some quiet words.
My chin, Trixie, barked a lot when we first brought her home. I think adjusting to her new surroundings..whe just wanted to keep checking where everyone was. Sometimes it is in response to a sudden noise they may hear, or just because they can.

Vincenza barks in her sleep and occasionally when I'm not spending enough time with her, or so she thinks, she barks at me. It's pretty normal :)

Latest posts

Back