My Chin and Feet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose

Moose
My chin kind of likes my feet...at least he really doesn't mind them. I can nudge him and he just falls over and comes back and he likes to sniff them (no I don't have smelly feet either!) But he is really timid of my hands...REALLY timid...always has been since I got him from the pet store...
So...is it bad he likes my feet...
And if he runs from my hands...is there a way to cure that? I know they don't really like being held, but it just seems he is VERY afraid of my hands...
Moose

I got two chins two weeks ago and started hand feeding. I sit down on the floor, open the cage door, and put food in my open palm. The chins learned to approach my hands and they even sit in my lap and eat off my hands. Perhaps you could try it to let your chin associate your hands with feeding to encourage positive reinforcement.

My chin likes my feet too. She always runs up and stands on them when I get up and slowly walk around when she's out playing. It's funny :cute:

Latest posts

Back